Sign in to follow this  
188AHC

AOTD for 2/24/13 - Who Knows?

1430 hrs. ET and the AOTD on the Flight website still says Yentna. Don't know what's going on, but sure hope this gets fixed soon.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

Lol, no kidding - I just get into doing these aerocaches and now they are messed up! Oh well I think I have many I can work on catching up on.

24-Feb-2013, 3:32 pm CST - I see "Lonely Radar Farm" for the AOTD.

"Lonely Air Station was built in the 1950's to support the Distatnt Early Warning Line Later decommissioned, upgraded, and in 1994 was re-designated part of the North Warning System as a Short Range Radar site. Submitted by community member AlbacoreTunaMan."

- Peter

Well I just gave Iditarod 1 Campbell Airstrip a try - took a look and saw it was only like 11nm from Anchorage, figured it would be quick and easy - not!

I just spent about an hour trying to find the dang thing, then did a search on the net and found exactly where it should be - right there at the south end of the runway by the buildings - I landed, taxi'd around them, even got out and walked around them. No aerocache to be found anywhere - augh!

So does this happen often with these aerocaches? I was pretty bummed out on that one.

Research and planning is the key.

There are only a handful Aerocaches that are not in the position they should able.

All others are set correctly, you just need to do a thoroughly investigation.

No connection to the Microsoft server, no Aerocache in sight, Don. This has been a common problem recently. Try hitting the Home button and signing in if you aren't already and the Aerocache should finally show up.

Unless you went to the wrong place again. :P

Best regards.

Luis

No I definitely went to the right place on that one, and it just was not there.

I will give it another go, it was a short one anyway and now that I know where it is supposed to be won't be so bad...

Thanks,

No connection to the Microsoft server, no Aerocache in sight, Don. This has been a common problem recently. Try hitting the Home button and signing in if you aren't already and the Aerocache should finally show up.

Well you were dead on Louis, launched Flight again and this time the aerocache was right there where it was supposed to be, got it no problem. Whew!

Thanks,