Sign in to follow this  
greg100o

Open all passenger doors with keyboard shortcut 747 X

I am using GSX ground services which require opening all the doors to board the passengers and also do catering. Uisng also FSX

The Shift E keyboard short cut even when assigned via PMDG shortcut editor seems to open only either the left or the right passenger doors but not all of them.

Does anyone know a workable way to assign a keyboard shortcut not already in use by FSX to open all the doors?

Thanks

Greg

Greg Clark

I've assigned Shift E in the PMDG shortcuts to open all the doors (on both sides) and it works fine. Looks a bit odd though!

I am using GSX ground services which require opening all the doors to board the passengers and also do catering. Uisng also FSX

The Shift E keyboard short cut even when assigned via PMDG shortcut editor seems to open only either the left or the right passenger doors but not all of them.

Does anyone know a workable way to assign a keyboard shortcut not already in use by FSX to open all the doors?

Hi Greg,Chris

I worked this out and posted a solution a year or so ago. After a few rebuilds and other disasters, I no longer have my mapped the short cut keys...

Ummmm, now go into FSX and work out what keystrokes are available and or delete several commands that you do not want to use. This then gives you a collection of

available commands that FSX no longer saw as belonging to it. This part was super important as FSX and PMDG could not share commands. I then went into PMDG and mapped the commands for the doors to the available commands I had available. OK how to do it you say.......

ok, first off, go to:http://www.fsdeveloper.com/wiki/index.php?title=Keys_-_Listing_-_Default_Types_%28FSXA%29 This will provide a list of all key strokes FSX uses. More to the point, it also shows you "available" key strokes not used by FSX if you do not want to kill off any already used FSX key strokes.

Then fire up PMDG big girl, Add-ons,(Top of screen) PMDG Keyboard Commands,Doors(this is for PAX 747) or Cargo for the freighter.Select the door you want to open, press the Set button, which allows you to enter the keystroke combination, insert the keystrokes eg, say for all Entry, you push Set, then insert CTL F6. Note If the key is already mapped, FSX tells you what it is mapped for and asks if you want to use it anyway or cancel. Always cancel, as you can't map two key sets at the same time. Assuming the key strokes are accepted, simply move to the next door etc, then close the option box.

Now go back to the screen,say F11, where you can see the A/C, push CTRL F6. The door(s) will open. Push it again and they close..

Hope this helps you

Regards

Geoff Bryce

I use the tab-# where # is a number 0-9, to open the doors and other stuff in the PMDG menu , which are not used by FSX or other addons. Note that the doors will not open if the engines are running and if you do not have APU power or external power on.

Henri

Henri Arsenault

I use the tab-# where # is a number 0-9, to open the doors and other stuff in the PMDG menu , which are not used by FSX or other addons. Note that the doors will not open if the engines are running and if you do not have APU power or external power on.

Henri

Ill change mine to that! ATM i use SHIFT+F2 for the left and SHIFT+F3 for the right doors.

IMPORTANT correction: External and/or APU power must not be ON, but must be AVAILABLE ("avail" light on).

Henri

Henri Arsenault

IMPORTANT correction: External and/or APU power must not be ON, but must be AVAILABLE ("avail" light on).

Henri

APU needs to be on (Generator doesn't need to be On Bus)

OR

External power needs to be on.

All 4 engines need to be off.

... also I'd suggest not using "all the doors" but rather deploy Left doors 1, 2 and rear together, Right doors 1 and rear together, and Cargo doors forward and (can't remember, but I think the big one at the back is actually "Centre" and the "rear" is a smaller cargo door that GSX doesn't know about) together.

"All the Doors" opens emergency exits too, ie Doors over the wing, Door on the upper deck with yellow inflatable bouncy-castle slippery slides etc.