Sign in to follow this  
Chuck Dreier

comdlg32.ocx

I've been running RC for quite awhile with no problem, but today I got the error message "Component comdlg32.ocx or one of its dependencies not correctly registered...."

The only thing I can think of is that I uninstalled a competing ATC program and my guess is that the comdlg32.ocx was used by that program as well and was involved in the uninstall routine of the other product.

Anyway, I've done a forum search and I think I'd rather simply uninstall Radar Contact and then do a clean reinstall. I know I'll have to reregister the program but that seems the easiest way to go. Does anyone have a thought as to why not go this route to get RC back up and running? Thanks!

BTW, I've done a search within my computer and it seems this file may be missing???? Thoughts.....

Follow Up: I downloaded comdlg32.ocx and installed it in c:\windows\syswow64\. Then, as administrator, I ran this command prompt. regsvr32 c:\windows\syswow64\comdlg32.ocx. It appears as if that went okay. However, when I now start RC4.3 I get "Please wait while SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin.msi is installed" then an error message showing C:\Users\Chuck\AppData\Local\Temp\is62EA\. When I click OK it tells me that the Quicktracks Plugin.msi cannot be found. Really, I need help with this. If JDT or someone could get me going again that would be great.

Win7-64. OS, etc. is on C:\ and MSFS9 is on D:\

RC uses your regular .wav inputs to your sound card. Can you play a .wav file directly with Win media player or other?

Did you obtain comdlg.ocx with a straight download with nothing attached from a reliable site? It almost looks like it was modified.

Thank you for the reply. Yes, the .wav files in winwood play fine.

This is where I downloaded the file from. Of course I unzipped it before placing it in the folder mentioned above. http://devonenote.co...cx-on-x64-win7/

Also, if I follow the error messages all the way to conclusion I'm now getting "mscomctl.ocx......missing or invalid".

Download from a sight in the pinned 713 topic mscomctl.ocx from:

http://www.majorgeeks.com/faqshow.php?id=8 clicking on "HERE" and save it. Then install it per the pinned topic which covers all Win versions through 7.

The reason for this is that MS starting in version VISTA eliminated many run-time libraries and components that used to be included in XP and below so now they have to be individually installed.

We are making progress and you have no idea how much I appreciate your help. It ended up that I had to put the downloaded mscomctl.ocx in the Windows\SysWOW64 directory. I was able to register it there.

But... this is what is happening and why I say we are making progress. When I attempt to start RC I get exactly the same error messages but then, when I finally click to close out the error messages, RC opens!!!! This is the 1st error message that comes up: "Error 1706.No valid source could be found for product SmartSound Quicktracks Plugin. The Windows Installer cannot continue.

=== Logging stopped: 2/24/2013 20:50:44 ==="

After seeing that message, I hit cancel a couple of times as if to close out and then instead of going back to the desktop, RC opens!!!???

So, we're not quite there yet but we are close. Thoughts?

Follow Up: It's working fine now, complete thanks to "Ronzie". I'm not sure what I did exactly to get the final tweak, but the program loads normally and everthing is like it used to be. Thanks again, and I owe you one. :P