Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Panels and other Ideas

Ok, because I'm a glutton for punishment, I've decided to do a "birds eye maple" panel. I love this wood grain, and have seen it as interior woods for lots of aircraft. This will take some time for a good job. Each letter on the panel has to be cut out of the grain overlay, which is very tedious. Here is my final version of the wood grain panel. Once the letters are done, I'll have to play around with the night version:

birdseye.jpg

As a bonus, for reasons I don't understand yet, the pull out table automatically gets this wood grain with the panel change. Along with this panel, I'm thinking about changing the throttle quadrant to a red leather to match the new livery... or maybe Carbon Fiber.. opinions welcome.

Looks great so far! BTW, back in 1970 I did the same to the panel of a Triumph GT6+. I estimate it added $500 to the value when I sold it!

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I did the same to the panel of a Triumph GT6+. I estimate it added $500 to the value when I sold it!

LOL I bet it did!, I bet it looked fantastic too. I'm a big fan of the wood grain look these days. A couple of TBM's I've seen lately had this "Birds Eye Maple" on the pull out table, and as inlays for arm rest, trim, etc. The wood itself is milk white with these dark lines that spiral into "eye's", and also the "coffee and cream stir" look like the one I chose.

Sadly, todays Piper's have gone "Auto", in that allot of the interiors are plastic, even the "M" class line. But then again, with the "M" class line, you can custom your interiors if you have the money..

Update: I'm working on a new interior for the just released repaint of mine "N497C". The easiest way would be a complete package with plane and interior. The new interior will have a separate texture folder so that the new interior wont effect the rest of the planes. ETA; two weeks

---

20133211379615.jpg20133211365565.jpg201332113540545.jpg201332113646795.jpg20133211386846.jpg

Ok, all done! I know... what happened to two weeks?? It was cold outside today! :lol: I'll get the upload pack sent up on Sunday.. which will include the livery and interior folder. If you already have the livery, all you'll need is the new interior folder, and change the livery texture.cfg to point to it (Very easy, I'll have instructions in the Read Me). Interior features color coordinated livery colors, black stitching, Birds eye maple instrument panel, leather throttle quadrant. Night panels, and the damper switch fix included. Right now I'm beat, so its off to get some sleep. Hope you enjoy.

---

20133344925279.jpg

20133344722597.jpg

20133344914989.jpg

2013334484997.jpg

2013334212462.jpg

What can I other say than just "WOW" and many many thanks for your brilliant work!

Thanks Andy.. My pleasure! I just uploaded the whole 9 yards, so it should be up soon.

Just to repeat whats in the instructions, if you already have the livery installed, you just need the interior folder, and a change to the code in the N497C texture.cfg file.

The new int wont interfere with any other livery (unless you want it too, with an edit to each liveries texture.cfg).

Enjoy!

Just one question, is that new interior the actual interior configuration of the owner of N497C or is it a fictional idea? Just curious! :lol:

LOL, yea i never got to see the inside.. I took some serious "creative license" there. The RW standard int's are brown, light brown, light gray, and light blue... each with their own exotic sounding names of course. All the panels are cream-ish... but there are quite a few custom interior shops that can really zig it up. One estimate I've seen was for 65 grand!

Planes are like exotic cars and harley davidson's... 1000% mark up on parts and service.

DL this and installed! Beautiful. Nicer and more rich looking than the wood panel in my Milviz Beech B55.

I understand it's true to the RW livery, but for me the red console is not my cup of tea. If and when you have rested and rehabilitated from this effort, if you do the carbon fiber or some other rendition as you mentioned earlier, please let me know. The red just seems to pop a bit too much and also seems to detract from the wood panel.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

carbon fiber

LOL, rehabilitated... it wasn't THAT bad... Funny you bring that up, as i was looking at it last night in a flight and thought it was too bright as well.

Gonna start on it right now.

Thanks for the idea, was a simple change, and by surprise, found a neat effect: Here is the brandy hue Carbon Fiber:

20133520448250.jpg

20133520512340.jpg

20133520148200.jpg

20133520535570.jpg

If yall like it, I'll up it. All you have to do is copy/paste/replace this .bmp file into the Texture.Newint folder.

Hmm... This old school/new school look may take some getting used to, but I'm a gonna go with it for a bit and see what I think.

One of the reasons I've always favored classic Bonanza/Baron panels is the burled wood accents which give the panel a bit of a classic Jaguar feel. This is that x10.

Thanks for your efforts. Oh, and I like the new quadrant better as well.

Scott

Betting that the carbon fiber version is a winner, I just upped it to the lib.

Thanks to all for the comments!

Betting that the carbon fiber version is a winner

Got it! looks great!!! Enjoying the new interior! I note that you even customized the ID plate above the AP annunciator.

Frank Patton
ASUS