Sign in to follow this  
HawkDsl

Panels and other Ideas

customized the ID plate above the AP annunciator.

Yes Sir.. I found it redundant to be reminded I was flying a P46, lol.. Funny thing about that plate... it has a night panel with the P46 on it in shadow. It would "ghost" through at dusk and dawn. I was beginning to believe the thing was haunted until I figured it out.

I have to hand it to Carenado. The detail they put into this particular plane is insane.... 90% no one will notice or see unless they are doing complex repaints. There is a "Danger; Do Not Touch" label on the wing edge, and just in front of the radar pod for example. Practically unnoticeable to the casual flyer.

I have to hand it to Carenado. The detail they put into this particular plane is insane.... 90% no one will notice or see unless they are doing complex repaints. There is a "Danger; Do Not Touch" label on the wing edge, and just in front of the radar pod for example. Practically unnoticeable to the casual flyer.

Agree. I have been into texture files for each of my Carenado models to recolor stripes and change out the tail numbers and have seen much of the same. Interesting, the Carenado files are not layered. I recently downloaded the repaint kit for the MilViz Beech Baron B55 and every file is layered with numerous layers. Lot of detail in those also, but I found them a bit overwhelming. Didn't even know how to get started.

Hey, you worked extensively in this cockpit. Did you find a clock or a display of the current time anywhere? I posted a separate topic on this but after 40 views by others I've gotten no answers.

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Did you find a clock or a display of the current time anywhere?

It's off by default, but a click on the button between the "Auto"  and the "On"  turns it on. The top button "Mode" cycles through the functions like the timer.. but I haven't figured out how to activate those yet: Below Left of the yoke

48605363.jpg

offi.jpg

Thanks!  No wonder I missed it.  

Auto / On ???  Funny!  Nothing says "Off".

Checklists?

Play?

Rec?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

Found this:

clocku.jpg

It appears that the timer starts by itself once you reset it. the format is HH:MM.

Hawk,

Thanks for an exciting new interior for the JetProp. Carenado did put a lot of detail into this aircraft. Similiar to the Danger label for the radar, have you noticed the part barcode decals on the side windows and windshields?

Bill

have you noticed the part barcode decals on the side windows and windshields

sure did. Crazy huh? 

Lovely work! ........ but I cannot find the mod anywhere in the AVSIM DL Centre (searching under PA46 and similar).

Could you link it here please?

Thank you.

[EDIT:  Scrub that.   Finally found it.  Brilliant work.  Just as a general observation, I notice that a lot of people do amazing mods and works and showcase them in these forums but for some reason, rarely give the download link to the work, in the library.  Strange - if I were talented enough to do this, I'd want people to have it].

Thank you DC, and sorry about the missing link.

Part of that is the way AVSIM uploads work. The final name and address wont be known until the upload is approved. 

Where is it available? and how do you do to HIDE the yoke of the virtual cockpit? There are a few important gauges such as the clock and the VOR2 that are hidden by the yoke which can get pretty annoying during some parts of the flight. Also when you try to operate the PFD knob the yoke can get on the way sometimes.

I don't want to hide it permanently, just on demand.

and how do you do to HIDE the yoke of the virtual cockpit?

Move your mouse near the base of the yoke (basically near where the shaft enters the panel), and you should see a click spot appear.  Click there and the yoke will disappear.  Click in the same spot and the yoke will pop back up.

Scott