Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Can't stop flying that Aerosoft A320

I gotta say that since the release of the A320 Extended it has become my favorite airplane and this is coming from a Boeing guy who also pegs himself as a "hardcore simmer"! Even having the PMDG NGX and the LDS 767, I'm simply loving the A320! I love the fact the the Aerosoft's rendition of the Bus is totally foreign to us Boeing guys. The depth of the simulation is enough that it must be flown like an Airbus and not a Boeing. Also the depth of the FBW system makes the A320 a joy to fly with a joystick (gasp - my poor yoke is feeling pretty neglected).

I'm amazed how the A320 is "managed" and "programmed" rather than it is "flown" as opposed to the Boeings which must be managed AND flown. The A320 is almost like a software program, as long as the programming is correct, you'll be fine, but make a mistake in the inputs and it will start doing things that the "pilot" doesn't want because it is simply following instructions, so garbage in - garbage out.

I actually found it easy to transition to the A320 from the NGX or the 767 and it didn't take long to get the hang of the Bus - but it will be interesting to see how going back to non-FBW airplanes will affect my flying skills after a few months of flying the bus.

Anyway. As one who complains when a product is poor, I think that I'd like to offer some well deserved kudos to the Aerosoft team for the Bus. And no...its is not perfect, and I'm sure if you're simply looking for an exact emulation of the Airbus FCOM you'll find something to ding them on. The Aerosoft bus is undoubtedly the best A320 ever released for MSFS to date and I'm really enjoying it. That is to say that flying the bus is "fun"! :-D

• Upvote 2

Good to hear. Glad you are enjoying it. It is a beautiful bird.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Thanks for the opinion. I am currently saving for the PMDG B777. I do, however, like the A320 more than the B737. What joystick do you use?

I concur. I am now flying the a320 exclusively too. The auto throttle and fbw makes it a joy to fly. I can get enough of the auto throttle on this

Manny

Beta tester for SIMStarter 

Mike glad to hear it any recomended youtube tutorials for this bird?

Rich Sennett

Good for you Mike! I am loving this guys too since day one and I can't get enough. The PMDG 737 is a nice a/c but there's something (or many things), about the Aerosoft Airbus that feels so special.

Aerosoft has done a great job on this A320 and it is truly fun to fly.

I get in moods where I will pick out one of my aircraft and fly it exclusively for a while. Right now I'm hooked on Leonardos Maddog again, after not flying it for over a year, but I will get back to my Airbus A320 Extended before too long.

It's Hardcore ?

Definitely not.

• Upvote 2

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

I've been flying it too, so much that, when I've gone back to the NGX,I was trying to 'pull' the altimiter

in order to decend.

It's better to fly every 2nd route with alternative planes.

Jude Bradley
Beech Baron: Uh, Tower, verify you want me to taxi in front of the 747?
ATC: Yeah, it's OK. He's not hungry.

X-Plane 11 X-Plane 12 and MSFS2020  🙂

System specs: Windows 11  Pro 64-bit, Ubuntu Linux 20.04 i9-9900KF  Gigabyte Z390 RTX-3070-Ti , 32GB RAM  1X 2TB M2 for X-Plane 12,  1x256GB SSD for OS. 1TB drive MSFS2020

Guest fridberg

I agree, the A320 is fantastic to fly. Fist I flew it it was a mess :wacko: . But when I flew more I got hang of it :biggrin: .

When I fly I fly first A320 then B737NGX and so on.