Sign in to follow this  
Mike T

Can't stop flying that Aerosoft A320

So, I'll wait FsLabs A320.

Wise move. If you're the kinda of guy that takes the time to read FCOM and/or knows how the real thing works and expects it to behave correctly you'll be VERY disappointed.

Many many many things, systemwise, ain't right.

• Upvote 1

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

"you get ambience with it too (something that is'nt an option with the NGX)"

Could you elaborate on this statement not sure what yo mean - thanks.

• Upvote 1

Rich Sennett

Yes Wilco just isn't in the same league as this one.

Aerosoft have raised the bar yet again and I was another who believed that the NGX would never be toppled. The ambience of the whole experience really does create a reality atmosphere and any other Airbus developer will have to look for a Utopia creation to better this one.

Yes, It has got some suprises for Boeing 'dyed-in-the-wool' flyers but that is the nature of the beast. Study the Airbus flightcom to get the best out of it and Yes, It most certainly IS hardcore!

:LMAO: :LMAO: :LMAO: you get my point, don't you?

I am quite dissapointed that you decided to criticise my opinion? No one would deny that the NGX is NOT hardcore but this version of the EXTENDED Airbus X is, and you get ambience with it too (something that is'nt an option with the NGX) for that reason only you have to commend Aerosoft for their effort here. To make a 99% replica of ANY aircraft is an impossibility but this one is most certainly aimed at good flight simmers and provides a very satisfying experience.

Don't forget also that everyone is entitled to their opinion and assesment.

Aerosoft says it is not hardcore. If you think it is, then I am happy for you.

too much, too soon....

I'm afraid a lot of the systems, particularly the A/THR, leave a lot to be desired on the A.X.E. They aren't hardcore and they certainly aren't completely realistic, but as many people have pointed out, that wasn't the intention behind the plane and I knew this when I bought it. In actual fact, the AXE is the first plane I've seen that does a good show of the FBW systems, and overall it is a competent product. Aerosoft are clearly very keen to support the plane and make it a lot better with the amount of updates and hotfixes they provide.

For me, I need my plane to sit at a correct idle N1 (not 25-26%), I want turning Packs/Anti-Ice on and off to affect engine performance, EGT etc. I want a correctly modelled APU start up (the AXE APU starts in the time it takes the APU flap to open on a real 'bus). I want a correctly modelled vertical profile (CLB/DES) etc etc. Things like Anti-Ice coming on and bringing up your engine speed (which then affects your climb/descent) are all part of the challenge and I want this in a flight sim add-on. PMDG have done it with the NGX, and I have no doubt the 777 and 747-400v2 (which I can't wait to get) will continue this tradition.

I have no doubt FSLabs will knock all of our socks off when they release their product and I can't wait.

• Upvote 3

+1 Karl

After this topic I thought I would give it another go so from v1 to v1.04

You enter a flight plan into the NGX and its there and it works, same flight plan in the bus and what a mess, edit it did help but OMG lol at how it does something's . I would have no problem with it not being in depth but it does not even do what it's says on the tin.

Deleted it and it will be never seen again in my fsx.

Roll on the FSLabs version.

• Upvote 1

David Murden  MSFS   Fenix A320  PMDG 737 • MG Honda Jet • 414 / TDS 750Xi •  FS-ATC Chatter • FlyingIron Spitfire & ME109G • MG Honda Jet 

Fenix A320 Walkthrough PDF   Flightsim.to •

DCS  A10c II  F-16c  F/A-18c • F-14 • (Others in hanger) • Supercarrier  Terrains = • Nevada NTTR  Persian Gulf  Syria • Marianas • 

• 10900K@4.9 All Cores HT ON   32GB DDR4  3200MHz RTX 3080  • TM Warthog HOTAS • TM TPR • Corsair Virtuoso XT with Dolby Atmos®  Samsung G7 32" 1440p 240Hz • TrackIR 5 & ProClip

The 320 Extended is the only plane I have been flying lately. Really enoy Its added optional features.Such as the auto Pilot and copilot checklists with voice. And background sounds. Flightdeck crew (page fliping,coughing.. )flight attendent cabin annoucements.

Addons I have been useing with the 320 for an imersive flight. and loving it.

GEX Canada,USA

UTX

MYT 2013

FSDT cyvr with GSX ( Departure airport)

I'm afraid a lot of the systems, particularly the A/THR, leave a lot to be desired on the A.X.E. They aren't hardcore and they certainly aren't completely realistic, but as many people have pointed out, that wasn't the intention behind the plane and I knew this when I bought it. In actual fact, the AXE is the first plane I've seen that does a good show of the FBW systems, and overall it is a competent product. Aerosoft are clearly very keen to support the plane and make it a lot better with the amount of updates and hotfixes they provide.

For me, I need my plane to sit at a correct idle N1 (not 25-26%), I want turning Packs/Anti-Ice on and off to affect engine performance, EGT etc. I want a correctly modelled APU start up (the AXE APU starts in the time it takes the APU flap to open on a real 'bus). I want a correctly modelled vertical profile (CLB/DES) etc etc. Things like Anti-Ice coming on and bringing up your engine speed (which then affects your climb/descent) are all part of the challenge and I want this in a flight sim add-on. PMDG have done it with the NGX, and I have no doubt the 777 and 747-400v2 (which I can't wait to get) will continue this tradition.

I have no doubt FSLabs will knock all of our socks off when they release their product and I can't wait.

Sounds like you will need to contact Airbus and/or Boeing to get an airplane that functions like the real thing. Moreover, you will need to fly it outside your home- in the sky to act accurately! jeje

Wise move. If you're the kinda of guy that takes the time to read FCOM and/or knows how the real thing works and expects it to behave correctly you'll be VERY disappointed.

Many many many things, systemwise, ain't right.

With as many (manys) you mentioned it's more than enough for anyone to NOT take you seriously. I bet you don't even own the product. Have you been to their website and see all the updates they have added and are looking to come up with? Excuse me but this Airbus is simply awesome! Seriously ! With all the work Aerosoft has put into it is Hardcore- No Question! Yes, it may nay not simulate fuel leaks, nor burnt batteries, or some cray unnecessary stuff. The reason why Aerosoft might had mentioned that it's not so in-dept system wise, is because that's what they intended at the beginning ; however, they have realized the potential it has and the skills they have and have decided to move forward with deeper systems!

-- In fact I love it so much that I decided to add it's banner on my signature...And this considering that I am highly "picky" on quality of add-ons that I purchase. I will not purchase, nor eat, nor drive, nor wear, nor etc. etc. etc. any rubbish ! :Batting Eyelashes:

-- So, not only they posses FSX best graphics, but they are crossing the line into more and more advanced stuff without charging extra. THANK YOU AEROSOFT!

Obviously, you never laid eyes on an Airbus manual. So I leave you to it Johnny. :rolleyes:

• Upvote 3

Best regards, Fritz ESSONO

you're right there is no unnecessary stuff

but there is still lack of some necessarry stuff like the VNAV, and they have to fix that horrible descent ...

• Upvote 1

"you get ambiance with it too (something that isn't an option with the NGX)"

Could you elaborate on this statement not sure what you mean - thanks.

I'd be curious to hear also what they meant by that.

• Upvote 2

Someone has a positive experience with FSX, and wants to tell the world about it, and people jump all over him for it? He certainly got me looking into buying the Aerosoft Airbus by sheer enthusiasm alone.

• Upvote 1

Computer Specs: i5-4690K 3.5 GHz overclocked to 4.0GHz / MSI GTX 960 4GB Video Card / 16GB Kingston HyperX Fury 1866MHz DDR3 System RAM / MSI Z97-G45 Motherboard / Crucial MX200 500GB mSATA SSD

you're right there is no unnecessary stuff

but there is still lack of some necessarry stuff like the VNAV, and they have to fix that horrible descent ...

Hehe, that and a great further collection of superb critisisms that make me REALLY never gonna buy AXE:

"Yeah guys; really good plane, still lacking the main essentials though, no real managed decent..., But still really cool, cockpit color is great..., but it will propably be better with the next upgrade... I don't fly anything else for the moment..."

You can buy the PMDG MD-11 for less than $50, superb automation in a uniquely programmed aircraft that we will never see simulated ever again.

I bought the PMDG J41 today, to tie me over to the T7 and 747v2, I could not care less about a Kinder-egg Bus, we are not going to get a properly modelled bus before FSL cranks out theirs, if they can ever manage to crack the FBW. I love the PMDG MD-11 and I know the guys who made it, so therefore, I rest my case...

Why bother with crappy planes when there are good ones to be had for $45?

• Upvote 3

23.png

Excuse me but this Airbus is simply awesome! Seriously ! With all the work Aerosoft has put into it is Hardcore- No Question! Yes, it may nay not simulate fuel leaks, nor burnt batteries, or some cray unnecessary stuff. The reason why Aerosoft might had mentioned that it's not so in-dept system wise, is because that's what they intended at the beginning ; however, they have realized the potential it has and the skills they have and have decided to move forward with deeper systems!

They can start with the AXE PFD & ND...right now it looks more like the default FSX A320 than the real thing! hardcore? keep on dreaming...no way, it's not even close!

Anyway I'm waiting for FSL A320, now that's hardcore...

• Upvote 1