Sign in to follow this  
kenz

[FS9] Some Leonardo Maddog Questions - Need Help

Hello !

Just bought Leonardo Maddog 2010 Pro and I use it with FS9.

I have some questions :

First one : how to light the FGCP (MCP) and my pedestal panel also keep dark (only backlighting)

mini_821938SYF20130224203503.png

Second : here is what I have when I go to CM-2 2D panel, I have Wide-2D panel selected in the manager and setup utility

mini_890909SYF20130224154425.png

Third question : do I always need to load the default cessna before loading the maddog ?

Thanks for your help !

another question :)

what are those switches for in n°1 :

mini_681918upovh.jpg

What maintenance interphone used for ? because with Audio Control Panel (n°2) we can already connect the mic to talk to ground staff

What are Ground Service Elec Pwr used for ? what do we power up when powering Ground Service Bus ?

This may turn out as a rubbish comment, but if you have just bought the Maddog, you have also got a bunch of manuals and tutorials written down by Leonardo.

Hit the start button and choose your Leonardo Maddog folder.

I didn't see these folders when I first started flying this bird, but after a while I saw these manuals, and they helped me to figure out how to fly this amazing plane :-)..

Happy flying,

Jacob

I have already readed a lot a manuals, tutorial, looking at video on youtube, real world FCOM etc..this was a lot of hours documenting about this bird before buying it

those questions I ask are about details I didn't find the answers in all my readings or details I want to clarify.

I'am currently writing for my use an amplified procedure sheets to be used for my flight to remeber all the actions to do, and I'm getting in all details to be sure I use this bird in the right way

mini_455244amplified.jpg

believe me, I spending a lot of hours documenting about the use of the maddog, those questions I post on the forum are my last way to find information

I have already readed a lot a manuals, tutorial, looking at video on youtube, real world FCOM etc..this was a lot of hours documenting about this bird before buying it

those questions I ask are about details I didn't find the answers in all my readings or details I want to clarify.

I see - my bad! :-).. I took my hours of flyiing before I managed to fly this bird properly.

another question :)

what are those switches for in n°1 :

mini_681918upovh.jpg

What maintenance interphone used for ? because with Audio Control Panel (n°2) we can already connect the mic to talk to ground staff

What are Ground Service Elec Pwr used for ? what do we power up when powering Ground Service Bus ?

This is for ground service contact. You will need this, if you are using the ground service Leonardo brings with this aircraft. I can't remember how to bring it up, but you will get a white box in the middle of the screen, where you are able to control fuel, pushback, ground services etc. - it is a thing added to the aircraft from the manufacture :-)

but we can already contact the ground staff with audio control panel and Mech Call button without using the maintenance interphone switch.

In the LSH manual it's said :

MAINTENANCE INTERPHONE Switch

ON: Connects all interphone jacks

to the service interphone system.

OFF: Isolates from the service

interphone system certain

external jacks.

I'm not getting when this switch is to be used

I'am currently writing for my use an amplified procedure sheets to be used for my flight to remeber all the actions to do, and I'm getting in all details to be sure I use this bird in the right way

mini_455244amplified.jpg

believe me, I spending a lot of hours documenting about the use of the maddog, those questions I post on the forum are my last way to find information

Ask me in here or in a private message. I have used this aircraft for 1 year or so and now some great things about it :-)

but we can already contact the ground staff with audio control panel and Mech Call button without using the maintenance interphone switch.

You will use this ground service interphone to get in contact with the ground crew. If you use any other program to deal with this, you can leave these buttons on - they are useless then :-)

http://www.smartcockpit.com/aircraft-ressources/MD80-SYSTEMS-Communications.html

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

thanks Krister :) but I have already read the FCOM part about this interphone, but it is not clear enought for me to have a good understanding, I think the best would be to see IRL how the internal com system works in the plane lol

anyway it's not so important for our use in MSFS :)

Yeah, there are definitely other stuff to keep your mind occupied flying this bird than the interphone switch. Losing your engine during climb out when flying on vatsim really gets interesting! :D

Krister Lindén
EFMA, Finland
------------------

for now I will start flying without failures, to get used to this bird :)

on vatsim/ivao emergencies are really hard to handle, IRL they are two guys ! :)

if you are flying with failures, here is a link to a real QRH from delta (the QRH from leonardo is not complete) :

http://www.ziddu.com/download/8360000/MD-8890.zip.html

(there is also FCOM vol1&2 and FCTM ine the zip)