Sign in to follow this  
GodAtum

What is the difference between 747-400?

I have the 747-400 atm and love it! What are the improvements/differences? Is there an upgraded VC?

The developers of PMDG talk about some of the improvements in these 4 parts from a conference in Munich :-)..

Here is one of them:

Thanks for the videos but I'm at work so cannot hear them!

But then you have something to do when you get home ;-)..

Happy flying,

Jacob

The PMDG B747-8 is primarily a visual expansion, but I actually prefer the visuals of the PMDG B747 (more-interesting flaps and winglets), especially when they are enhanced by McPhat Studios HD repaints.

The two share a cockpit and systems. VC performance on the current PMDG B747-8 is significantly better, though.

Regardless, I would recommend waiting for the PMDG B747 V2 and B747-8 V2, as they will feature significantly better performance, systems complexity, and visuals.

Im not sure if its true, but I heard somewhere that for FSX, actually, the 748 works much better and has less issues than the 744X.  This might be true?  Im having black screens  (completely) flying the 744 on FSX (New install), though I have not tried flying with the 748...