Sign in to follow this  
flying_bob

Opus version download question

a few new user NOOB questions on this new software. (No I have not yet read all the posts on Opus, but will start to work through them.)

I just downloaded the flight one wrapper from OPUS sit, so I can purchase this.

1) Is this the latest version or do I need to download "patches"

2) Does it work "nicely" with FSX standard textures, or do I need to get HD textures eg REX. I see the download size is very smal so I gather it does not contain textures, but only the program.

3) I only want to use the weather. Not interested in rest. will it allow me to only use weather without any thing else.

Much appreciated

1. The Purchase is the latest release. The latest beta version will soon become the latest release as we start the version 3.00 beta dev cycle for weather (cloud) smoothing. Upgrade is easy though, just download the latest release or beta if you wish to participate in the dev cycle.

2. Cloud textures are subjective but the program will make the best use of whatever cloud texture set you have installed. There are excellent free cloud textures available (e.g. HDEv2).

3. You can enable whichever parts of the interface you want. Although I would expect you will find the Live Camera with its coordinated and intelligent DHM turbulence effects as essential as the LWE to increasing the realism of your flight sim experience.

Stephen

I would gadly confirm that this program is the best ever, weather program. It's accuracy is amazing and refreshes can be changed to suit the individual.

I have it working with REX and the end result is fantastic!

3. You can enable whichever parts of the interface you want. Although I would expect you will find the Live Camera with its coordinated and intelligent DHM turbulence effects as essential as the LWE to increasing the realism of your flight sim experience.

Stephen

These effects are amazing, highly recommend you try them out. Welcome to one of the best addons since FSX was released! You won't be sorry...;-)

AMD Ryzen 7 3700X 4.2 32 gig ram, Nvidia RTX3060 12 gig, Intel 760 SSD M2 NVMe 512 gig, M2NVMe 1Tbt (OS) M2NVMe 2Tbt (MSFS) Crucial MX500 SSD (Backup OS). VR Oculus Quest 2

YouTube:- https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC96wsF3D_h5GzNNJnuDH3WQ   ProATC/SR and BATC FB Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/1571953959750565

Flight Simulator First Officer User Group:- https://www.facebook.com/groups/564880128522788 ProATC/SR and Flight Sim First Officer (FSFO) Beta tester

Reality Is For People Who Can't Handle Simulation!

Im convinced im going to purchase Opus & Rex. Been investigating different options over a couple of months - time to move forward with these 2 products.