Sign in to follow this  
Mark Hyder

cargo 737-800

This was not modelled so don't see a solution unless some aircraft developer makes a model for cargo.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Is the 737 even used as a cargo plane??

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein
777-300 FS Pilot, Deltava

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

39990572681_f326ac97d7_o.jpg

The NGX 737?

Best option at the moment is a cargo repaint (windows removed but no cargo door)

Is the 737 even used as a cargo plane??

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

Sure :)

Mark

The 737-700C is on Boeings Website, mainly used by the US Naval Reserve as the "Clipper", There was also the 737-200 which was a converted Pax to Cargo, I have done a PMDG 737-700 a few years ago, however the Main Cargo Door was simply Pasted on the model, and was not operable.

Hope this helps

Carl "Bluemoon" Renshaw

EGDM

Sure :)

I would be very interested in an example. There are plenty of 732 cargos. I would think for the price, availability and specs a 757-200 would be much more desirable than any 737 NG.

I would be very interested in an example. There are plenty of 732 cargos. I would think for the price, availability and specs a 757-200 would be much more desirable than any 737 NG.

That's what I'm thinking. A 757-200 has a lot more space and better specs for cargo then the 737.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein

P3Dv4.1, ASP4, UTLive, ReShade + URP + PTA, All settings max'd, i7 Core Extreme @ 5.2gHz, GTX 1080, CyberpowerPC Gaming Laptop, 500GB SSDx2, 32GB DDR4 RAM. 

Airliners.net

Heres one of them, Boeing 737-7HJ© BBJ Reg N529PP

Carl "Bluemoon" Renshaw

EGDM

Isn't a BBJ a private corporate jet not necessarily a cargo/frieghter? Otherwise in wouldnt have container slides just "Plush leather seats". :)

Hi RWF

Can see where you are coming from, However this particular Aircraft has the Main Cargo door, but with all the windows, so is very quickly adaptable to Any version, mainly because of the Main Cargo Door, the 737-700C is also the 737 Main Body, fitted with BBJ Wings.

Would of posted a picture however, I would be in Breach of Copyright.

Regards

Carl @ EGDM

N529PP is a pt 135 BBJ (-700C) out of Dallas that does VIP, DOD, and cargo charter ops. I can't find a listing who did the cargo conversion but I doubt it was Boeing. The operator of 9PP also has a cargo converted GIV (C20G) in all grey paint.

There are a few companies besides Boeing that are doing after market full size cargo door conversions to -200, -300, -400, -500, and -700's. I can't imagine it would be that difficult to have a -800 converted.

Probably will never see it modeled in FSX though.

The only major buyer would likely be fedex (express), and they're currently dumping their narrow body fleet for 757s. Everyone else still using narrow-body freighters is surviving on cheap second-hand airframes, so the NGX 737s aren't going to be there for a while yet.

Narrow bodies aren't going to have a true market for dedicated freighter models again, since they can't fit ULDs and have to use basic pallets which slow down everything about loading and unloading.

The only major buyer would likely be fedex (express), and they're currently dumping their narrow body fleet for 757s. Everyone else still using narrow-body freighters is surviving on cheap second-hand airframes, so the NGX 737s aren't going to be there for a while yet.

Narrow bodies aren't going to have a true market for dedicated freighter models again, since they can't fit ULDs and have to use basic pallets which slow down everything about loading and unloading.

757 is a narrow bodied aircraft and are being used to replace FedEx's old 727 fleet. They are dumping their old inefficient narrow bodies for the newer econ narrow bodies.

The reason you don't see FedEx buying 737 freighters is the cost. FedEx purchased a majority of their 757's for $10M each (Bloomberg) which is considerably lower than the price of a NG 737 ($30-$80M).

Also ULD's can be placed in narrow bodies. We ran them in 727-100QC and -200's without issue. They are the 125" ULD's.

N529PP is a pt 135 BBJ (-700C) out of Dallas that does VIP, DOD, and cargo charter ops. I can't find a listing who did the cargo conversion but I doubt it was Boeing. The operator of 9PP also has a cargo converted GIV (C20G) in all grey paint.

It certainly was built by Boeing, it was not converted. Boeing offers the 737-700C

I never knew that Boeing makes available a -700c version.

Remy Mermelstein

Remymerm@aol.com

777-300 FS Pilot

"The Skies the limit"

Remy Mermelstein