Sign in to follow this  
BlueLemon

REX + MD-11

I was just wondering if any one Uses REX for real weather on Line ? If so i have a Question, every time the REX weather

Engine loads the weather i Loose altitude about 1000f and a Little bit of speed Is this Normal ?? or something is wrong ? has any one experienced this before ? and what would the solution ?

I tried to post on there Site but it looks like i am unable to post yet

Thank you

Hi there mate, REX does not work for me with NGX or MD-11, I use AS2012, works like a charm :)

23.png

I was just wondering if any one Uses REX for real weather on Line ? If so i have a Question, every time the REX weather

Engine loads the weather i Loose altitude about 1000f and a Little bit of speed Is this Normal ?? or something is wrong ? has any one experienced this before ? and what would the solution ?

Thank you

I been using rexe from day 1 and havnt had any problems at all other than when the weather injects the weather some aircafts do pitch up or down but only for a second or so. Only my ga aircraft do, not any of my pmdg aircraft does what your describing.

Try using standard mode if your are, try using wx mode than try different setting within the wind select option panel. And if you got fsuipc whcih helps as well with the s turns etc.

With your not able to post anything on the rexe forum guess by now you need to validate your order number and this takes a day or so once your are than your able to post your problem in there and tim will sure solve your issue if this hasnt already. It most likely be your settings within rexe

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Thanks guys i will change the settings in REX and see what happens ..

Thank you

I think i found that the shared winds is cousin all of this i went back and have been reading the manual :) again :)

I will throw my 2 cents in here I use REX and what I find frustrating is the amount of overspeeds I get when I use REX, lately I have been turning it off when I fly

Guest BeaverDriver

I'd be looking at AS2012. I've not met many people who like REX's wx engine. You can get wild wind shifts as well as temperature swings with REX. It's not unheard of to get that in AS, but they are GREATLY reduced, so you'll get a better overall weather situation.

Thank you

On the REX forum, go to the verification forum and add your REX order number and vendor. Once verified you can post in the support forum.

Hope this helps, :wink:.

I'd be looking at AS2012. I've not met many people who like REX's wx engine. You can get wild wind shifts as well as temperature swings with REX. It's not unheard of to get that in AS, but they are GREATLY reduced, so you'll get a better overall weather situation.

I can tell you one thing for sure , with REX the winds will kill you , i some times cant stand it my aircraft cant settle on a flight level from the winds , you are right about this !!

I had the same problems with Rex weather overspeeds , winds on approach etc.. Had to turn off weather but I love the textures. I know there is a beta going on for rex to fix these items but i cant wait.I just purchased opus weather and so far it works great. Very happy with the product so far..

Tom

Tom Davis

I7 6700k 4.7 ghz, gtx 1080ti , 16gb 3400 ram, 32’’ 2k monitor, 1TB ssd, 500gb ssd, 250gb ssd, h115 water cooler

UAL440.png

Sadly my experience is that Opus and Rex are equally much prone to giving me violent wind-, preasure- and temp shifts. I own them both. After installing AS2012 with Daveos recommended settings I have not experienced one single incident.

23.png

AS2012 Beta 6 has been working like a charm with my recently purchased PMDG MD-11. I own both Opus and REX as well.

Chris Strobel KSNA

original.jpg

So it looks like i would Have to give AS2012 Beta 6 a try

what windows are you using Please

thank you