Sign in to follow this  
AlbacoreTunaMan

AOTD for 2/25/13 - Kahili Falls

There are many many falls in this area, good luck. Back on the ground at Port Allen. Nice and snug for the night. And only 1,500 xp?

Steve

I never knew that hanger was a tunnel. I wonder if you can put an Aerocache inside ?? Steve?

I don't know why not. Two bad you can't fly through it. Alas, someone set up a scaffold in there. What were they thinking. Maybe the Icon would fit. Sounds like a job for Luis.

Been there, done that! :lol: Crashed into the scaffold, but lots of fun. That was probably the first hangar I tried flying through a year ago.

Best regards.

Luis

There are many many falls in this area, good luck. Back on the ground at Port Allen. Nice and snug for the night. And only 1,500 xp?

No kidding, that one should have been worth at least a few more XP.

Even with Google Map open pinpointing the location of the falls, and GMap to track my progress getting there, it still took me about 45 minutes to find the aerocache. It was fun to do in the Icon though.

I did it at night, with the panel lights off. I sometimes find it easier to spot the yellow cache marker in the dark when I know there won't be any other lights around (like a waterfall in the jungle).

Finally able to connect to the Microsoft server so Aerocaches were active.

Flying up the Hanapepe River towards the Kahili Falls.

Kahili_01_zpsf5811ae3.jpg

Nice looking falls!

Kahili_02_zpsc63e0f94.jpg

Lots of rough terrain.

Kahili_03_zpse8637021.jpg

Port Allen in sight.

Kahili_04_zpsc6d9ec95.jpg

Back in the hangar - Steve made some room for me. :lol:

Kahili_05_zps15764388.jpg

Best regards.

Luis

I just checked the Microsoft site and loaded Flight to check on today's AOTD, and it still lists Kahili Falls. I posted about the problem over on Steam and Kittychix responded. She said Albacore TM had contacted her also. She said she didn't know what had caused some of the problems but was looking into it.

Also, the AOTD for Kahili in Flight still says it's good for 22 more hours.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals

I was probably one of the first to grab Kahili Falls yesterday, and I noticed that it was set to expire in 48 hours, instead of the usual 24. Not sure if this was intentional, but they might have done it because it got posted so late in the day. Just a guess.

When I collected it, it showed expiring in 33+ hours. I figured it was either a mistake, or an attempt to get things back in sync again. I might try a couple more times before I turn in tonight but I will for sure in the A.M.

Thank you.

Rick

$Silver Donor

EAA 1317610   I7-7700K @ 4.5ghz, MSI Z270 Gaming MB,  32gb 3200,  Geforce RTX2080 Super O/C,  28" Samsung 4k Monitor,  Various SSD, HD, and peripherals