Sign in to follow this  
Dewey

keys and buttons not retaining programming

I can make assignments for buttons and keys for my aircraft in fsx, but the next time I launch fsx, the programming is gone from those buttons and keys. What am I missing? And, where do those assignments get stored in fsx? Is there a file that users can access and enter the values manually so that they will remain there? I have been unable to find them in any of the configuration files. Can someone please give me a hand with this? It's extremely frustrating to have to re-enter my custom settings every time I launch fsx. I'm not sure that was happening before I installed Acceleration. Has anyone else had that issue?

Thanks.

Dewey

Win 7 64bit

Intel Core i7-2600K CPU @ 3.4 GHz

16 GB RAM

I don't know if ALL the controls are setup here, but a lot of them are;

C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Microsoft\FSX\Controls

then look at the Standard.XML file

Quick questions:

What kind of joystick?

Have you tried programming them in FSUIPC assuming you have it installed?

Ron W

Ouote:

"During installation of Acceleraiton, it asks if you want to change to the "Acceleration" default key assignments (replaces the Shift-whatever from the old to the carrier specific). Perhaps trying a repair/reinstall and selecting that option might do the trick? "

As someone pointed out to you in your "Abacus thread" I think this could resolve your issue.

I want everyone who responded to know that I appreciate them taking the time to try to assist me. Thanks fo Meshman, the issue is finally solved. The coding for key and button assignments does indeed reside at C:\Users\<your username here>\AppData|Roaming\Microsoft\Controls. Within that folder is a file named Standard.XML. Open it with whatever app you have that will open MXL files. If you are going to enter the assignments that Acceleration is supposed to enter for carrier ops, pick a spot and make the following four entries:

<Entry>

<Key>SHIFT+Q</Key>

<Down>TOGGLE_TAIL_HOOK_HANDLE</Down>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key>SHIFT+U</Key>

<Down>TOGGLE_LAUNCH_BAR_SWITCH</Down>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key>SHIFT+I</Key>

<Down>TAKEOFF_ASSIST_ARM_TOGGLE</Down>

</Entry>

<Entry>

<Key>SHIFT+Space</Key>

<Down>TAKEOFF_ASSIST_FIRE</Down>

</Entry>

It doesn't seem to matter where you put the entries. The programs moves them around to where it wants them anyway after you power up your computer the next time. I found that when I searched for the entries I had better luck finding them when all of my search entries were in lower case.

So, if you're having the problem of the disappearing key assignments after you make them manually via the fsx interface screens, just go to that file and make them permanently.

Thanks again to everyone for responding, and a special thanks to Meshman for the suggestion leading to the solution.

Dewey

I get problems with key functions reappearing. Default FSX uses P and Pause to pause the game. I want to use Pause key for something else. Well each time I fire up FSX, it readds the default Pause=pause even though I have deleted it. Annoying as heck.