Sign in to follow this  
woodhick

An Old Friend Returns

I recently rediscovered my old Eaglesoft Piper Twin Comanche (PA-30 for those obsessing over alpha/numerics). Over Central Ohio, MSE scenery, As2012 for the wx.

DAN-PC-2013-feb-27-015.jpg

Just flew this bird the other day for the first time in a long time. The gauge refresh rate (in VC) is not as smooth as some of the latest, but it's still a nice flying model. A good low altitude aircraft for a 200 mile flight in IFR conditions.

Dale

Dale,

Is that the FSX or FS 9 version? Sure is a good looking bird; one I'm thinking about purchasing.

Alan :smile:

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

The gauge refresh rate (in VC) is not as smooth as some of the latest, but it's still a nice flying model

+1

Is that the FSX or FS 9 version

I am flying the FSX version but I suspect it's pretty much a port over with a new installer. Fun to fly but the panel is somewhat quirky--archaic instrumentation

I am flying the FSX version but I suspect it's pretty much a port over with a new installer. Fun to fly but the panel is somewhat quirky--archaic instrumentation

Awww, that's what make the older birds so much fun to fly!

Thanks for the 411... time to sweep out that corner of the hangar for a new arrival!

:P

COSIMbanner_AVSIM3.jpg

I'm finalizing installing Shockwave halogen landing lights and have changed the flap and landing gear sounds for better (IMHO) sounds from the default Grumman Goose and a Lionheart Bellanca. If anyone is interested, send me a PM with an email address and I'll send things along.

OOOPs!!! Forget that. There is evidently some quirk (see, I said the airplane was quirky) in the way the landing lights are coded. Can't get them to switch off. If you look closely at the airplane at night you are not actually switching on/off the landing lights but only the splashes in front. If anyone has any ideas let me know. I'd like to get the Shockwave lights installed.

Perfect Shot,Well done Dan!

100%75%50%d8a34be0e82d98b5a45ff4336cd0dddc

0D8701AB-1210-4FF8-BD6C-309792740F81.gif

Patrick