Sign in to follow this  
mosteen

J41 and Saitek throttle

Gentlemen, I wonder how it would be best to set up my throttle quadrant with the J41.

Would it be best to have two sparate levers mapped to the power levers and the third one to control both of the condition levers together, or will this limit proper operation?

Thanks,

23.png

On my throttles, I just have an axis set to run both of the condition levers. Typically, this does not cause any issues. If you run abnormal operations, life gets a little more tricky, but still manageable.

Im doing the same as Branton. An axis for each of the throttles and one axis for both condition levers using FSUIPC.

two throttles, two condition levers, but I find it helpful to actually put a fairly large calibration curve in there for the condition levers in order to give a larger throw. You are reducing only 4% RPM, so I found that necessary to establish the proper precision, otherwise it was very hard to move them such a tiny amount, much less make them precisely equal. I haven't flown this plane in a long time, so I probably should fire her up, now that this topic reminds me.

Same as the other posts, two for the power levers, one for the condition levers.

I used to run into this situation. I finally broke down and bought and additional TQ and love it ever since I did. I know have enough to run all the levers in the NGX, MD80 and the J-41. Like the above KingGhidorah said play around with the curves. Find what is comfortable to you. My settings may be diffrent than yours and even the calibration can be. I use solely FSUIPC for tuning my throttles and levers. It is all about preference. Good luck and seriously think of getting another quadrant. Additional plus is you get more knobs and even one that will control 4 @ once. Good luck with your venture and also I even printed the labels for my TQ's so when I reach the taxi my levers are in taxi. Just make yourself a template and change the background to black and letters to white and play around to get the right size fonts trim and tape with magic invisible tape and presto you can get a feel for what is going on. Nuff said Cpt out.

Great info guys, appreciate it!

I got the three TQ working fine now, actually used the profile from my NGX and went from there, locks are working fine but there are a few quirks I will be ironing out, and certainly get myself a second TQ too, gotta be ready for the 747v2 ;)

Cheers,

23.png

Anyone have any screenshots of FSUIPC with JS41 setup please that I may look at? To program levers etc and how to setup with reverse etc. Regards Wayne

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART

two throttles, two condition levers, but I find it helpful to actually put a fairly large calibration curve in there for the condition levers in order to give a larger throw. You are reducing only 4% RPM, so I found that necessary to establish the proper precision, otherwise it was very hard to move them such a tiny amount, much less make them precisely equal. I haven't flown this plane in a long time, so I probably should fire her up, now that this topic reminds me.

That's a good idea.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Anyone have any screenshots of FSUIPC with JS41 setup please that I may look at? To program levers etc and how to setup with reverse etc. Regards Wayne

I set the lever to the throttle offset, then 4 or 5 ranges on Decrease to generate a Throttle Decr, then on 6th range or so set it to repeat the throttle decr small..

You can then stop the (increase) in reversers by moving the lever slightly forward.

All the way forward sends the throttle to 0.

This is for a CH Yoke, but should work for your saitek.

Hi Jim thanks for the reply,still,a bit confused though lol

Wayne HART

Note I do have registered version of FSUIPC

On the axis assignment page, move the lever you want to use for reverser...

Select the Send to FSUIPC Offset and enter Offset Dword set with a value of x0040

Over on the right side select your first range 1

For each range push the From To buttons to define a range.. mine are set to:

1 14592 16383 Up Control sent when range entered is Throttle Cut

2 13056 14208 Down Throttle Decr

3 9856 12928 Down Throttle Decr

4 10496 12800 Down Throttle Decr

5 7040 10496 Down Throttle Decr

6 5376 7168 Down Throttle Decr

7 1152 5394 Down Throttle Decr

8 -8062 1152 Down Throttle Decr Small select control to repeat whilst in range

Thanks Jim got it much appreciated.