Sign in to follow this  
dewback

EFIS refresh rate

Hello,

I noticed that you can have a huge performance boost by lowering the EFIS refresh rates within the config. manager tool.

Now I wonder what are the settings of other users here and what would be the lowest refresh rate before it becomes impracticable.

Thanks and br, Ole

(Are these configuration options available in the NGX as well?)

Interesting Ole, I flew my first flight in the J41 today, I had no problems with performance but if this will free up resources I'm inclined to try it if it does not reduce the VC quality much.

Cheers,

23.png

Never touched the J41 refresh rates, guess never had any performance problems. Yes there are the same settings in the NGX. If the refresh rates get to low you will probably notice a delay in data update.

I use 50pct on the left and 11pct on the right, it's perfectly usable, haven't tried anything lower

Hans Soule

I have 83% on left side, 11% on right side. To be honest, I haven't noticed any big difference between this refresh setup and the default one.

(Are these configuration options available in the NGX as well?)

Yes

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Any chance someone can explain this and how to do it, would love a couple of FPS :)

http://fs2crew.com/banners/Banner_FS2Crew_MJC_Supporter.png

Wayne HART