Sign in to follow this  
Cai Zicheng

DR400 Lionheart or Aerosoft

Hi folks,

Mar 3 is the last day for the current Lionheart DR400 sales at simMarket. However the recent Aerosoft one is receiving overflowing applause. The price difference now is about 8 Euros. What are you thoughts? Is it good to pick the Lionheart one on sale?

Thank you.

Cai

Zicheng Cai

I recently did a little mini-review of the Lionheart version: http://forum.avsim.net/topic/401436-question-regarding-lhc-robin-dr400/

I don't know if it will help you in your decision. I ultimately picked the Lionheart version for the following reasons:

- Cockpit layout. I like the Lionheart version better, plus I can use my RXP GNS-430. If you don't have the RXP unit, this might not mean as much.

- Sale price. I only have so much I allow myself a month for spending.

- I avidly use FSDeveloper as a resource for learning both scenery and plane design. The person at Lionheart is a very avid contributor - every time he learns how to do something or make something work, he shares it with the community. I am more than happy to support someone like that.

However, I did look closely at the Aerosoft version while making my decision, it seems to be a very well done plane as well. Would be a hard decision, and you may have different criteria than I did.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

I recently did a little mini-review of the Lionheart version: http://forum.avsim.n...hc-robin-dr400/

I don't know if it will help you in your decision. I ultimately picked the Lionheart version for the following reasons:

- Cockpit layout. I like the Lionheart version better, plus I can use my RXP GNS-430. If you don't have the RXP unit, this might not mean as much.

- Sale price. I only have so much I allow myself a month for spending.

- I avidly use FSDeveloper as a resource for learning both scenery and plane design. The person at Lionheart is a very avid contributor - every time he learns how to do something or make something work, he shares it with the community. I am more than happy to support someone like that.

However, I did look closely at the Aerosoft version while making my decision, it seems to be a very well done plane as well. Would be a hard decision, and you may have different criteria than I did.

And what made you leave the AS Robin?

Zicheng Cai

And what made you leave the AS Robin?

To clarify, I never had the Aerosoft Robin. I simply chose the LHC Robin instead, for the reasons that I stated.

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.

Hi folks,

Mar 3 is the last day for the current Lionheart DR400 sales at simMarket. However the recent Aerosoft one is receiving overflowing applause. The price difference now is about 8 Euros. What are you thoughts? Is it good to pick the Lionheart one on sale?

Thank you.

Cai

My impression after reading about them is that the Aerosoft one is better. My reason for believing that is that it has deeper damage simulation and engine modeling. Also got two GPS that accept FSX flightplans. I know that in real life you must enter the flightplan manually but I also suspect that entering it in FSX is far more difficult than in real life. At least I find it awkward to find the right clickspots.

On the other habd I think I see two advantages with the Lionheart apart from the price

It has an autopilot

The cockpit looks somewhat better (subjective impression)

<br /> I know that in real life you must enter the flightplan manually but I also suspect that entering it in FSX is far more difficult than in real life. <br />

Amen to that! I appreciate maximum realism whenever possible. But trying to turn those little clickable knobs even on the ground is a pain, and trying to do it while my Opus realistic weather and head movements are moving me all around the cockpit...fohgetaboutit! :-)

I don't own the Lionheart model but I can only recommend the Aerosoft DR-400 for the great flight dynamics model. There are certainly other good reasons to have it on your hangar, but the modelling of slipstream effects on this model is simply great. You really have to use your rudder on high power climbs, just like in RL!

Great model!

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since October 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

There are certainly other good reasons to have it on your hangar, but the modelling of slipstream effects on this model is simply great. You really have to use your rudder on high power climbs, just like in RL!

Well then, I suspect the Aerosoft version may have a more realistically tuned FDM than the LHC version, since the LHC version is quite stable in flight. However, having never flown anything IRL and not having the Aerosoft version, I never would of known. I find the LHC Robin to be quite pleasant to fly in. Now I just need some European scenery to fly over!

Jim Stewart

Milviz Person.