Sign in to follow this  
jfri

Realair Lancair Legacy and PMDG 737NGX

I have simple question for those who have both those planes. How hard is is the Lancair on performance compared to the 737NGX ? I ask since I have the 737NGX so an answer to this question would be helpful for me in deciding if to buy Realair Lancair.

You'll find the performance exceptional compared to the NGX. It's a GA plane without all the systems the NGX has. I'm using it with RealityXP GPS and it is my favorite GA plane in my hangar.

I have both but do not fly the NGX very much...I'm lazy.

The RealAir Legacy is a favorite of mine: It is fast, nice to look at, has a traditional panel (no glass cockpit for me), Flies like a dream. and does not affect fps at all.

In fact: I have just described All the RealAir planes in my hangar (Duke and Duke Turbo). All behave like their real counterparts.

Two other "guys": MILVIZ and A2a also produce remarkable aircraft.

Regards

NealH

Neal Howard

betateam.jpg

I've just bought the Lancair Legacy from RealAir and find the performance really good. I suppose I haven't really flown it into any major airport hubs yet though to compare it with the NGX but I get frames between 25-30 in the Legacy.

On another note does anyone know any good tutorials for the RXP GNS530?

Gavin Price

On another note does anyone know any good tutorials for the RXP GNS530?

Hard to beat Garmin's own manuals, available free here (for the 530) and here (for the 530W).

On my system the Lancair is about the same as the NGX, although I find the NGX smoother.

G

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk. Typing errors expected....

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

I also own both (in fact these two planes are the only addon planes I have installed and use) and the Legacy is definitely lighter on the system. If you can run the NGX fine you should have no problem with the Legacy. If you have a drop in FSX every now and then with the NGX you still shouldn't have a problem with the Legacy. If the NGX runs totally bad on your system, then it may be another story...

All in all I don't find the Legacy to be much heavier on the system then default planes. If heavier at all. The NGX gives me a drop in performance near large airports (or sometimes even in mid air) but I never notice a drop with the Legacy at all.

But of course (something people tend to forget) quite often you fly to other airports with the Legacy then you do with the NGX. Usually the places I visit with the Legacy don't have some 50 AI airliners on them. ^_^ I also usually change the AI settings when I fly the Legacy (no need for airliners which I won't even see.)

Anyway, the most important question right now is: how does the NGX perform on your system! If it's okay, get the Legacy NOW. Then you will have the best airliner and the best GA available. ^_^

I don't own the SR22 but any RealAir beats any Carenado imho. ^_^

How does this Realair compare with Carenado SR22?

I own both. Both hand fly very well. The Carenando, as usual, has lite avionics - essentially the stock G1000 with a few additions. I've put in the RXP530 as a 2D popup in mine.

The legacy can accept RXP GNS 430 and or 530 in the VC.

Legacy flies faster and retractable gear. Legacy also has some neat features which I'll let you discover.

I think the Legacy is one if the best if not the best GA acft for FSX.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

I own both. Both hand fly very well. The Carenando, as usual, has lite avionics - essentially the stock G1000 with a few additions. I've put in the RXP530 as a 2D popup in mine.

The legacy can accept RXP GNS 430 and or 530 in the VC.

Legacy flies faster and retractable gear. Legacy also has some neat features which I'll let you discover.

I think the Legacy is one if the best if not the best GA acft for FSX.

Ive read that the realair is quite hard to land as its a slippery aircraft. But I'm sure its worth learning!

Kind of an apples and oranges comparison. Chances are that you will find yourself flying in and out of smaller uncontrolled airports, as well, simply because you can with the Lanc. That in itself lessens the load on and already exceptionally wel performing addon.

Ive read that the realair is quite hard to land as its a slippery aircraft. But I'm sure its worth learning!

Not really, as long as you don't try to slow whilst descending there really is no problem.

G

Sent from my S3 using Tapatalk. Typing errors expected....

Gary Davies aka "Gazzareth"

Simming since 747 on the Acorn Electron

It's easy to land just manage your initial descent. You'll need speedbrakes if you're trying to fly realistically and keeping your MP above 15 in.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Anyway, the most important question right now is: how does the NGX perform on your system! If it's okay, get the Legacy NOW. Then you will have the best airliner and the best GA available.

I have found out that the NGX hits performance more than other planes that's why I asked about this specific plane. Had the Legacy been harder on frames than the NGX it would have been a NO GO for it.

I did this test load a plane at a specific situation and notice the fps. Then load other aircraft one by one and see the fps. Result NGX sticks out of the crowd with a clear deeper fps hit.

And of course I would fly the Legacy differently than the NGX for example not in to big hubs.

I use the DX10 tweaks and my experience with that is that many clouds in the sky is the biggest fps killer.

With many cloud in the sky no plane can obtain 30 fps for example. And since the Legacy is a IFR tourer cloudy weather is a clear wish.