Sign in to follow this  
LABOX

Lord Of The Landing

Hey Guys,

I found this very useful tool on some other forum, it really helped improving my landing technique.

Quote:

"A SimConnect application to help repeated landing training in various weather conditions,

and analyze and evaluate your landing data."

That is all, but it saves you soooo much time! Just choose an airport and runway, set up weather and you´re set.

It analyzes all kinds of data (flare distance, approach angle, vertical speed, and so on)

Oh, almost forgot to mention: It´s free!!!!

Check it out!

LABOX4.jpg

Any idea if it works with the more complex a/c such as NGX or AXE ?

Regards

yep ive practiced many landings with the PMDG.

Works fine with the NGX! No issues like when you're loading saved flights...

LABOX4.jpg

@Arne

Any chance of a link to it as I've done a search and cannot find it. Thanks

Ignore last post---I've found it

Hmmm...trying this with the Concorde X should be a test.

Then again, I find part of the fun simming having a 'do or die factor' involved with the landing. Did a whole flight proper now the challenge to land properly and well in only 1 shot adds to the enjoyment.

True! But my landings were a bit too adventurous before :rolleyes: Not only that I had some crashes, but it was hard for me to tell the flaring distance and vertical speed. What I really like about this tool is that you don´t have to do anything to make it work. Just start it, do the whole flight and in the end you get an accurate evaluation...

LABOX4.jpg

Interesting and looks very useful, even if the name makes me chuckle a little. Now I'm wondering--If I have a client machine set up with simconnect to run Active Sky, I wonder if I could also run this little application on the remote machine as well? I am guessing it would work that way. Has anybody tried that?