• Version 1.0 was released in November 2010
  • Version 1.1 was released in April 2011
  • Version 1.2 was released in September 2011
  • Version 1.3 was released in March 2012
  • Version 1.4 was released in August 2012

Every 6 months or so...

Soarbywire - Avionics Engineering

Big difference though between incremental updates and a whole revamp to v2

Yea, it's like do they put the time and effort into another incremental or put all the effort into the major release. Hope they went for the major. I can happily live with 1.4 for the rest of the year. So even if they do release in early 2014 instead of 2013 that's workable. I hoping/wanting 2.0 to be the game changer for the hobby.

Intel i9-12900KF, Asus Prime Z690-A MB, 64GB DDR5 6000 RAM, (3) SK hynix M.2 SSD (2TB ea.), 16TB Seagate HDD, EVGA GeForce 3080 Ti, Corsair iCUE H70i AIO Liquid Cooler, UHD/Blu-ray Player/Burner (still have lots of CDs, DVDs!)  Windows 10, (hold off for now on Win11),  EVGA 1300W PSU
Netgear 1Gbps modem & router, (3) 27" 1440 wrap-around displays
Full array of Saitek and GoFlight hardware for the cockpit

According to one of the LM Software managers

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=2293

(scroll down) the team seems indeed to be working towards major release 2.0, which according to some other posts is not to be expected before the end of this year, maybe in 2014.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

Although I recall reading on their forum that there may be 1 or 2 more 1.x releases before that. I'm quite sure that they have a team for each version.

Vic

RIG#1 - 7700K 5.0g ROG X270F 3600 15-15-15 - EVGA RTX 3090 1000W PSU 1- 850G EVO SSD, 2-256G OCZ SSD, 1TB,HAF942-H100 Water W1064Pro
40" 4K Monitor 3840x2160 - AS16, ASCA, GEP3D, UTX, Toposim, ORBX Regions, TrackIR
RIG#2 - 3770K 4.7g Asus Z77 1600 7-8-7 GTX1080ti DH14 850W 2-1TB WD HDD,1tb VRap, Armor+ W10 Pro 2 - HannsG 28" Monitors

According to one of the LM Software managers

http://www.prepar3d....iewtopic&t=2293

(scroll down) the team seems indeed to be working towards major release 2.0, which according to some other posts is not to be expected before the end of this year, maybe in 2014.

Kind regards, Michael

I recall w/ many of the PC game titles from big companies like Valve and EA the product would be pretty heavily advertised w/ key features mentioned in their prerelease advertising and that would happen well before official release.  It seems odd if V2 is a giant upgrade the team has not posted some real good stuff to start generating interest.  Even if their intended market is less in the entertainment domain it can't hurt to start stirring up interest earlier on.  Is this because they really don't know what they will/can do with it, so can't commit?  Or perhaps they are hoping to keep customers hopeful and in doing so might dissuade people from not jumping ship now to the other simulator (XP 64bit)?  Seems a wee bit odd it's been so secretive as to what the 'big upgrade' will include.

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

Hi Noel,

it might have to do with the enterprise culture. As we know, LM is in the defense industry, where it's neither usual nor advised to make early announcements. While Prepar3d is certainly not relevant for warfare, it might just be general custom. In another contribution, one of the developers stated clearly. they are not allowed to announce anything in advance, and even what they already said was at the borderline.

I am pretty sure they know what they want to achieve. Another question is if they have the resources to do that.

But this is just my impression, and I might be completely wrong.

Kind regards, Michael

MSFS, Beta tester of Simdocks, SPAD.neXt, and FS-FlightControl

Intel i7-13700K / AsRock Z790 / Crucial 32 GB DDR 5 / ASUS RTX 4080OC 16GB / BeQuiet ATX 1000W / WD m.2 NVMe 2TB (System) / WD m.2 NVMe 4 TB (MSFS) / WD HDD 10 TB / XTOP+Saitek hardware panel /  LG 34UM95 3440 x 1440  / HP Reverb 1 (2160x2160 per eye) / Win 11

I recall w/ many of the PC game titles from big companies like Valve and EA the product would be pretty heavily advertised w/ key features mentioned in their prerelease advertising and that would happen well before official release.  It seems odd if V2 is a giant upgrade the team has not posted some real good stuff to start generating interest.  Even if their intended market is less in the entertainment domain it can't hurt to start stirring up interest earlier on.  Is this because they really don't know what they will/can do with it, so can't commit?  Or perhaps they are hoping to keep customers hopeful and in doing so might dissuade people from not jumping ship now to the other simulator (XP 64bit)?  Seems a wee bit odd it's been so secretive as to what the 'big upgrade' will include.

It`s not a game anymore. P3D is a commercial software intended to use by commercial/professional end users.

The "hobby" users are not their main customers.

They will do marketing once it`s out and running. It`s not the same deal as with game publishers...

I wish the developers would have a squeak. 

All we can do now is patiently wait. 

It`s not a game anymore. P3D is a commercial software intended to use by commercial/professional end users.
The "hobby" users are not their main customers.
They will do marketing once it`s out and running. It`s not the same deal as with game publishers...

I guess, but I have to think they aren't really doing it for other reasons beyond making a $$ or two ;o)

Noel

System:  7800x3D, Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut, Noctua NH-U12A, MSI Pro 650-P WiFi, G.SKILL Ripjaws S5 Series 32GB (2 x 16GB) 288-Pin PC RAM DDR5 6000, WD NVMe 2Tb x 1, Sabrent NVMe 2Tb x 1, RTX 4090 FE, Corsair RM1000W PSU, Win11 Home, LG Ultra Curved Gsync Ultimate 3440x1440, Phanteks Enthoo Pro Case, TCA Boeing Edition Yoke & TQ, Cessna Trim Wheel, RTSS Framerate Limiter w/ Edge Sync for near zero Frame Time Variance achieving ultra-fluid animation at lower frame rates.

Aircraft used in A Pilot's Life V2:  PMDG 738, Aerosoft CRJ700, FBW A320nx, WT 787X

I guess, but I have to think they aren't really doing it for other reasons beyond making a $$ or two ;o)

Why else should Lockheed Martin do it except to make money?

Why else should Lockheed Martin do it except to make money?

Yes that was my point...

Noel

Well 6 months has come and gone and no news. Oh well, I still have hope for a release before the middle of the year.