Sign in to follow this  

God Needs a Better Vid Card

Eh ? Where did you get such a strange idea ?Chris Low,ENGLAND.

Christopher Low

UK2000 Beta Tester

FSBetaTesters3.png

Guest Smiley

The slider in MSFS for visibility distance even at minimum is too far for most low altitude flying during the summer months where I live and fly. On a clear day or night it's a different story though.PDX tower and Mt. St. Helens.

You're quite right. I've always held that FS is often far too crisp and clean in its rendering.Though the cause of blurriness is in real life of course different from what happens (at the moment) in FS, and in FS it could look better, it's not all that unrealistic when you get it in moderate amounts.It's only when FS attempts to stretch a small MIP across a large area that things get bad and that usually indicates a CPU problem (as in, using too much CPU time for other things like framerates).

Anyone hear this saying:"God Made Rivers, God Made Lakes, God Made You, God Made Mistakes":-lol Dunno...Think im losing it :-lolJay :-wave

I have to agree. I spend a few days in DC and flew out of ATL to DCA and then obviously back again... The framerates were excellent and the sound files were superb! That's an area that FS200X needs a definite improvement on. Jets whine and hum and make all kinds of interesting sounds that are not a part of any FS sound files I have heard. The textures were quite blurry, however. I believe GOD has FSAA enabled but he needs to download drivers to enhance AF. It seems like after about 10 miles, the textures turn to mush. The real world needs to take a lesson to two from FS2002 (and I am sure from 2004) about this issue.Robb

Religion + Games + Public Forum = Disaster.Chris "Bourbon" PitaloAlaskan Bush Pilot (FS98,2002)