Sign in to follow this  
z06z33

AHHHH why is d3d9.dll causing crashes on everything

Ok heres my issue, when I use PMDG stuff NGX or J41 I always get a CTD caused by d3d9.dlln when I try to change planes,airports, file a flt plan even exiting fsx basicly anything that requires a menu to come up I get a ctd but this only happens after about 15 min of being in sim. I searched but cant find anything really like my issue. Is this because I'm running ENB which makes no sense because it works with other heavyload planes like Carenado and Captsim 777 fine but PMDG stuff causes a CTD everytime.

Thanks

David

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

Hi David,

The basic workarounds are:

1. Latest FSUIPC (most d3d.dll errors are fixed with this)

2. HighMemFix=1 in the .cfg

3. UIAutomationcore.dll in FSX folder

Number 2 & 3 can be found in the FSX Guide

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi David,

The basic workarounds are:

1. Latest FSUIPC (most d3d.dll errors are fixed with this)

2. HighMemFix=1 in the .cfg

3. UIAutomationcore.dll in FSX folder

Number 2 & 3 can be found in the FSX Guide

Got them all already

Thanks though.

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

The d3d9 isn't the same as g3d.dll from my experience. I

Get that once in a while.

No idea what it is maybe something to do with direct x 9and my GPU.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Ok heres my issue, when I use PMDG stuff NGX or J41 I always get a CTD caused by d3d9.dlln when I try to change planes,airports, file a flt plan even exiting fsx basicly anything that requires a menu to come up I get a ctd but this only happens after about 15 min of being in sim. I searched but cant find anything really like my issue. Is this because I'm running ENB which makes no sense because it works with other heavyload planes like Carenado and Captsim 777 fine but PMDG stuff causes a CTD everytime.

Thanks

David

I'm with you with this. My rig behaves just like yours. Sooner or later it crashes with Carenado planes also over heavy sceneries (not due to OOM). Never found a solution though ...

>Content deleted by Admin SF due to profanity in content. Don't do this again.<

If use ENB and it is the cause, search for a stable version; they are not all the same. The first time I tried ENB I had constant CTD's caused by d3d9.dll. I found another version in the Avsim forums and it is far more stable, no CTD's with the new one.

If use ENB and it is the cause, search for a stable version; they are not all the same. The first time I tried ENB I had constant CTD's caused by d3d9.dll. I found another version in the Avsim forums and it is far more stable, no CTD's with the new one.

Could you give a link? I tried several versions and all led to crashes. A proper one would be fantastic!

Thanks

David

Hi David,

I'm sorry that my earlier suggestion didn't help. Have you updated FSX to SP2 by any chance? There is probably more to the issue than the ENB mod and I would suggest that you head over to the PMDG Support Portal and submit a ticket.

\Robert Hamlich/

I'm sorry that my earlier suggestion didn't help.

Robert, the FSUIPC4.dll does not fix the d3d.dll error. It fixes the g3d.dll error in some cases but not all cases. I think you probably meant the g3d.dll. The highmemfix=1 was a good recommendation but that fixes graphics anomalies like disappearing aircraft textures. And the uiautomationcore.dll only works for menu crashes. It is useless for anything else. The enb series module is well known for causing FSX crashes. It places a tweaked DirectX module (the d3d9.dll) in the main FSX folder and has an enb.ini that one can modify. I had it running successfully for about two weeks before I started seeing anomalies in the graphics and unexplained crashes. There are several versions out in the public and not just for FSX. Some have stated they have had no problems with this module but, for many, it has caused a lot of headaches. Hope this explains the problem the OP is having.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Hi Jim,

Thanks for setting me straight on this one... so many fixes and I haven't taken the time to record which does what, gulp... uhm guess I should do that if I am going to try and help the community. Glad you came along, now David can get on with proper simming.

\Robert Hamlich/

Hi Robert,

Your help is always appreciated. I just wanted to make sure you were aware of what fix does what. It does stay complicated and new tech and new OS's come on line. A good place to get caught up on the software and hardware fixes, tweaks, etc., is in PaulJ's Software and Hardware Guide pinned at the top of this forum.

Best regards,

Jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Thanks for trying to help guys I deleted d3d9.dll in the fsx folder and problem solved no.more enb though so I put the file back I guess Ill just move it out of the fsx folder when I want to fly pmdg stuff and put it back for everything else

ATP MEL,CFI,CFII,MEI.

I gave up using ENB for this exact reason you've been experiencing with constant d3d9.dll crashes. First I felt sad about this since I really missed the great effect ENB gives you but I then found SweetFX instead and have been using it every since with not a single crash and great visual effects even better than ENB IMHO.

Give it a go and see what you think and let me know if you want the SweetFX settings I'm using :)

Richard Åsberg