Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

Are the DODOsim helicopters still the best for FSX?

I am looking for a good helicopter for FSX Gold.

I had DODOsim Bell206 for fs2004, and fsx long ago, but I might consider getting it back again. I see they now also have the Huey, an helicopter I am eagerly waiting to be released for DCS World.

Are they still the best (physics-model wise...) offers for FSX in the rotary wing class?

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

From my point of view:

Flight physics-wise the DodoSim features one or two heli characteristics more than the Huey (vortex ring state, for sure). Plus, there's a DodoSim interface for changing degrees of realism easily and "on the fly".

I guess, the Huey may be the second best heli for FSX, anyway.

Guest Mik75

From my point of view:

Flight physics-wise the DodoSim features one or two heli characteristics more than the Huey (vortex ring state, for sure). Plus, there's a DodoSim interface for changing degrees of realism easily and "on the fly".

I guess, the Huey may be the second best heli for FSX, anyway.

May I ask, which Huey you are refering to?

The Milvz or the Aerosoft. I own the Aerosoft Huey X, but since I have problems with the controller setup, I haven´t installed it.

I actually refering to one that, after "Investigating" further, does not exist... At the DODOsim site I saw a UH-1H, but in fact it is not yet available :-/

I wasn't aware of a Milvz or Aerosoft version.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

The Dodosim is the most realistic heli for FSX, only one that simulates vortex ring state as far as I know+ It has engine wear and tear.

The Aerosoft Huey X comes second I think. Don't know why you have started two threads with almost the same content but anyway, thats why I respond to this one too :P

Yes, still the most realistic by far, including helis with realism updates from HoverControl.com. The Aerosoft Huey if probably the second best, imo, also. I doubt the Dodo Huey will ever be released. I'm not sure there is any active work on it any more.

Ok, thx for the info Griphos.

I'll probably get the Dodosim 206, which I used to have, for both fs9 and fsx, installed back :-)

Main Simulation Rig:

I think it is a good choice Jcomm. I too went through this exercise where I felt that in order to be most realistic with the Havok helicopter, I should really learn to fly a more standard helicopter first. That Dodo 206 was just the right thing. Hard as the devil to fly, but after getting the hang of the jetranger, it made flying the BS a piece of cake. The helicopter people here on Avsim were extremely helpful. Haven't spent as much time recently with either the Dodo or with DCS because I got sidetracked with some easier fixed wing stuff, but I plan to get back into the helicopters soon after some planned upgrades I want in order to run DCS at a little bit higher level of detail.