Sign in to follow this  
jcomm

What would you recommend as THE BEST HELICOPTER for FSX Gold ?

The Tittle says it all...

I am eagerly waiting for the DCS Huey to be released, but with FSX Gold running smoothly like never before on my system, I would like to have a nice helo there too.

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Glider pilot since 1980...

Avid simmer since 1992...

i had entered the topic to say wait for dcs huey lol

Cenk Demir

Besiktas JK 1903

If you would like a realistic helicopter for FSX I higly reccomend the Dodosim 206, the VC isn't the greatest looking but the realistic handling makes up for it. Also reccomend the Huey X, not as realistic as the Dodo, but pretty good..

i had entered the topic to say wait for dcs huey lol

Yep, I know DCS World is the way to go regarding flight dynamics. I never enjoyed a simulator so much, starting with the p51d... I use it only for flying - no fighting at all !!!! - just for the pleasure of enjoying the unique physics, graphics, etc...

But I was missing some IFR approaches to my prefered airports around the World, mostly around here ( Portugal ) , and a very good weather injector :-)

@Kaboki: Thx for the suggestion! I already tried to find more about the Aerosoft and the Milviz / Nemeth Hueys....

Main Simulation Rig:

Ryzen 5600x, 32GB RAM, Nvidia RTX 3060 Ti, 1 TB & 500 GB M.2 nvme drives, Win11.

Do a search for a website called Hovercontrol. There is a lot of info on helo's and a fairly decent Bell 402 that is freeware. Also a really good freeware Piasecki.

The Hovercontrol updates do make some other helis better, some more than others. None come close to the realism available from the Dodo 206, though, imo. There are a couple of nice VC updates for the Dodo over on the site though that help a good bit with the dated cockpit on the Dodo.

Well, if I may...  we are going to be releasing a Bell 407 shortly that has several "special" things in it... but the main one is that it will incorporate, for the first time, HTR directly in the code.  This will give it as complete a simulation as possible given our abilities and Fred's math.

Just saying mind you....

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

I'd highly recommend the Nemeth Designs AS355; it's Carenado-quality visually, the FDE is fine if a bit challenging, and some of the minor glitches in previous efforts are completely absent in this case.

Looking forward to the 407.

The Dodosim sounds fantastic for realism, but I prefer a balance of realism and aesthetics.

Well, if I may...  we are going to be releasing a Bell 407 shortly that has several "special" things in it... but the main one is that it will incorporate, for the first time, HTR directly in the code.  This will give it as complete a simulation as possible given our abilities and Fred's math.

Just saying mind you....

Looking forward to the 407! Please ask George to include a quick start also, sometimes you just want to jump in and fly.

As to the OP question, depends on what is important to you, visuals or perceived realistic sense of handling? The Dodo is probably the most sophisticated when it comes to flight dynamics, but the visuals are very outdated and takes away form the experience IMO. the Huey X looks ok, but Aerosoft adds there own wonky flight dynamics to their helis making them feel off.

For me a well done VC is important to help with the immersion factor, so my FSX airtime is in these machines in this order, the Milvis/nemeth huey, the nemeth AS-355, the cera Bell 212, and the Milviz/nemeth A-109.

Best, Michael

KDFW

The 407 has a quick start... it's the real one.  Turn the fuel on.  Press and hold the starter button for 5 seconds. 

Please contact oisin at milviz dot com for forum registration information.  Please provide proof of purchase if you want support.  Also, include the username you wish to have.

Thank you all for the suggestions :-)

I will wait for the Milviz 407. Ah! Forgot to mention that I'm actually on LM prepar3d and not quite on FSX Gold... although with the Estonian Migration Tool it is just as if I had FSX installed ;-)

Main Simulation Rig: