Sign in to follow this  
SilverWizard

FMC freezes on F-PLN INIT Page

Hello,

I have a problem with the FMC of my PMDG MD-11. Whenever I try to enter EDDL as my departure airport on the F-PLN INIT Page FSX just freezes.

When I enter EDDL/EGLL for example and try to get it into the FMC by pressing LSK1R FSX hangs and I ave to kill the process with the Windows Task-Manager.

I don't have prorblems with other departures or even with EDDL as my destination. It just happens when I use EDDL as my departure airport.

I tested it with the default Nav Database installed with the MD-11 and an updated Database but there was no change.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix that problem except for not starting from Dusseldorf anymore?

Thank you

Greetings

Oliver

I already had the latest version installed, but I tried to install the Update anway but nothing changed.

I even reinstalled the MD and installed the Update after that but it didn't help either.

I would put in a support ticket with PMDG then. They are good about getting things like this resolved.

That is Strange

I would Like to know what answer you get if you Submit a Ticket to PMDG

Please update us

or try to reinstall EDDL  and Defrag  the FSX folder

Hello,

I have a problem with the FMC of my PMDG MD-11. Whenever I try to enter EDDL as my departure airport on the F-PLN INIT Page FSX just freezes.

When I enter EDDL/EGLL for example and try to get it into the FMC by pressing LSK1R FSX hangs and I ave to kill the process with the Windows Task-Manager.

I don't have prorblems with other departures or even with EDDL as my destination. It just happens when I use EDDL as my departure airport.

I tested it with the default Nav Database installed with the MD-11 and an updated Database but there was no change.

Does anyone have an idea how to fix that problem except for not starting from Dusseldorf anymore?

Thank you

Greetings

Oliver

You know its funny, Ive been getting the exact same thing now. Except I have different airports. But FPLN INIT freezes. Ive tried different airports, different md11 engine variant, reinstalled.  

Let me know what support says. Ill save them the added load from 2 support tickets exactly the same. 

This doesnt happen with any other aircraft, so it seems to be my beloved md11 only. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Sadly I am having the same issue as well.  I haven't tried anything as of yet to resolve it.  Any answer on this issue so far?  I am wondering if this has to do with an AIRAC cycle update by chance?  I use Aerosoft's NAVDATAPRO, and I think the latest cycle I have installed is 1304.

Sadly I am having the same issue as well.  I haven't tried anything as of yet to resolve it.  Any answer on this issue so far?  I am wondering if this has to do with an AIRAC cycle update by chance?  I use Aerosoft's NAVDATAPRO, and I think the latest cycle I have installed is 1304.

I have a ticket into PMDG regarding this, but because of the server issues havnt got a response. Actually the first response was that its usually AIRAC issue. So I tried a different cycle. No difference. So I tried navdata pro and bought a month, but that was wasted. Same thing.   I then deleted the pmdg's navdata folder and reinstalled a current AIRAC and still same thing. 

If this was AIRAC, and since PMDG has a common navdata DB folder for all PMDG aircraft, why doesnt it happen in the ngx?  Im at a loss. Reinstalling clean didnt help either. 

CYVR LSZH 

http://f9ixu0-2.png

Has nothing to do with the Airac cycle. It happends with every airport you select. It's an issue from day one and never solved by PMDG.

John

I had the same issue I got it solved by using the repair option of  the md-11  exe  and not doing the full re install

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Sigh. A repair as well as a full reinstall did not fix this issue. I dont have the time to troubleshoot this further, and I certainly am not reinstalling FSX :blink:, so sadly my MD-11 is indefinitely out of service.

Sent from my GT-N8013 using Tapatalk HD

Ok, Anyone been able to solve this problem? My MD11 is no longer working after I tried to do a flight from LEPA to EDDF. No any airport combination crashes FSX during INIT.

There was an answer to this issue years ago. IIRC, Tabs answered it.

There was an answer to this issue years ago. IIRC, Tabs answered it.

Thanks! I managed to solve it on my own. I deleted all FSX flight plans (.fpl) and PMDG flight plans (.rte). I had about 800 of these files on my system from 3 year of flying.

Now the MD11 flies again! 

800 flps+rtes?My, that's some routes saved!

Glad to note you cracked it.