Sign in to follow this  
masneoquil

Scenery Priority

Hello guys,

I recently installed TileProxy and start messing with. I managed to make it work even with the NGX but in middle flight its stops cause the memory is full. I guess I will not be doing very long flights. Anyway, this is not what I'm here for.

The thing is I have UTX and I would like some of the features to be visible, like roads bridges and such.

Do you know if this is possible?

Do you know witch is the order that the "worlds" scenery folders should be?

Thanks in advance.

The thing is I have UTX and I would like some of the features to be visible, like roads bridges and such.
Do you know if this is possible?
Do you know witch is the order that the "worlds" scenery folders should be?

I use UTX Europe and UTX USA with FSX/Tileproxy.  As you know, TileProxy basically replaces the standard FSX scenery with the real world, satellite imagery from either BIng (Service1) or Yahoo (Service3).  That is great and adds a lot to the FSX scenery experience, but it eliminates night lights, and all but the main freeway/interstate highway traffic.

With the following scenery settings, you can have UTX generated dusk/night lights on all freeways/interstate highways and other major state highways and roads; as well as car/truck road traffic (with headlights at night) from  on all those same roads (see attached night photo).  Here is the order of the scenery folders:

Addon Scenery

TileProxy World folders

UT Folders

normal FSX folders

Default Scenery

Default Terrain

A useful utility I use to  sort and renumber the scenery.cfg layers can be found on the Flight-sim Traveler website (http://stevemg.net/fst/welcome.shtml).  You can download the FSTscenery.exe utility from here:

http://stevemg.net/fst/downloads/FSTscenery.zip

The readme.txt file will explain how to reorder the scenery.cfg layers.  I have used this utility for FSX scenery.cfg file reordering with no problems even though the website says tested only with FS 2002/2004.  You can find the Windows 7 FSX scenery.cfg file in the following folder:

C:\ProgramData\Microsoft\FSX.

Good luck,

John G.

Thanks so much John.

I'm glad to know that that's how I have my scenery order.

I will try this utility you talk about.

Thanks again.

Is it possible to get some sort of mix with TP, UTX and such to also get some 'hight' in the scenery like buildings in towns, cities? I use TP for some time now and really like it, but on every approach, I find myself looking at flat houses, stores, stadiums and so.

How to get some 'hights' ?