Sign in to follow this  
peppy197

Overdone tiles

With my Optic Internet line I am getting pretty fast updating of textures. Very satisfied.

The problem is that once the nice greenish photo textures are crisp and clear, another layer pops in on top of it, it is greyer and and not as nice

How can I prevent these "latter events " (the grayish in the pic) from appearing and ruining everything

See pic

could it be a nearby river that is calling for masking stuff?

Is that what the area looks like if you go to it in a web browser on the map provider you are using? If it is then there's probably not much you can do about it apart from maybe play around with your level mapping to establish which level is causing it and sub in another level for that one.

That gray layer only comes in at the end and is the last layer so I trial and errored from 19 backwards to 17 inclusive and exclusive, and it always is there.

For a short period, the gray is not there and it is all nice tiles like the surrounding green ones, then the grays start popping in and out , always near the airplane, not all over the place, and they go away once you fly farther fron them....

Would not 19 be the last of the ones layered?

I had to do just as TurboTomato mentioned to eliminate a ring of ugly yellow tinted tiles in the distance when flying around Florida by altering the level mapping line in my ProxyUser.ini like so:

level_mapping=9,10,12,12,13,14,15,16,17,18,19

In your case I would suggest you start by trying:

level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,17,19,19

then:

level_mapping=9,10,11,12,13,14,15,16,18,18,19

etc. until hopefully you find the zoom level that is giving you the trouble.

Best of luck!

Simon