Sign in to follow this  
metalmike

Problems assigning joystick buttons

I tried assigning my joystick button 1 and 7 for the green and red buttons respectively (default is set at 3 and 4), but when I change the buttons and click save I get the depicted error.

I read about similar issues, but I don't think the one I'm having is quite the same one laid out in the manual and FAQs. In any case, I can't figure out what to do. I've looked in that file and there does appear to be an FS2crew entry in that file. I'm on W7 64x, running the Start Center as admin, and even tried running it with UAC disabled.

Alright, did all that, FS2crew appears to save the buttons fine now, but in the sim, nothing happens when I hit those joystick buttons.

I'm using a Saitek Pro Flight yoke, if that matters.

Hi Mike,

Sometimes the more sophisticated 3rd party yokes have this issue.

A forum search will turn up solutions.

Best bet is to use the registered version of FSUIPC and use it to assign your yoke buttons to the same keypress associated with the FS2Crew buttons.

Best,

I don't have a registered version of FSUIPC. Been trying to avoid that dive for a while, but I guess it's an inevitable one. Thanks.

Bryan

Just gone back to FSX-Steam so that I can use the PMDG MD11,but the Button 3 and Button 4 on my joystick does not seem to work,. I do have a registered FSUIPC. I have looked in the PDF but cannot find the joystick Button 3+4 assignmnets.

Please assist. Thanks.

Hi Bryan

For no inexplicable reason, after an uninstall/re-install/ re-boot, everything seems to be in place now.