Sign in to follow this  
dburne

Menu Music

Hey gang,

Is there any way to change the music in Flight, to what it was originally with the original release? Without having to dig in and do some major changes to files that might risk corrupting the installation?

I like the guitar music that came with Alaska, but it is getting kind of old for me and I would not mind going back to the original music for a while. It would have been nice had that been a menu option allowing one to change easily, like it is in FSX.

Just curious, thanks.

I'm wondering for that too. It seems that now the files can be modified, so there could be a chance of doing that.

It is possible to, I'm sure, but I have not been successful with it yet. There is a .fsb file in one of the core pak files that contains all the wav files (including UI music). There is a specific format that the fev must be recompiled to for it to work, but I have not yet figured this out.

I've been wanting to change the music myself. It would surely be nice to have the music from the Beta back in. Good thing a friend of mine saved it! :P

Brandon Filer

The sounds in Flight are using Fmod. They have free tools for non commercial use, but I don't know if you can edit the compiled sound libraries or not.