Sign in to follow this  
onedrum

Help , repaint bottom pmdg md11

Hi

I have problem to place a logo (emirates style) at the bottom of the fuselage.

In which file and location is exactly?

best regards

Fabrizio

Download an image that has a pattern, preferably using different colors and place it as a layer on the texture sheet covering it all, save it as your .dds or .bmp and import into the texture folder of the aircraft that you are painting, start the sim and look for the pattern or color that you placed on the texture sheet.  

\Robert Hamlich/

One I dont know why you would want to Put a LOGO down there ??

2 Please Sign in with your real name not ( Fabrizio ) this is not a name and every one can see this , but since this is your second Post i think we all forgive you

3 please read this PMDG Forum Rules: Please Read Before Posting

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361820-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/

4 just like it must apply to all members it must apply to you also

thank you

1) what it means ...  "why you would want to Put a LOGO down there ??" ...  that strange question is that? because the emirates puts the logo under the fuselage ?

2 ) Fabrizio is my name.... now I do not know if my mother as a child he hid me another name

3) I have read the rules,...  you may have missed the point 2 of the Regulation,  (BEHAVIOR MUST BE CIVIL, POLITE)

Thank you 

Fabrizio,

I have not painted the MD-11 in a long time but looking at your example I now can see that your answer is right there.... you have to start by placing the Emirates logo on the Fuse_Right then flip the logo and place it on the Fuse_Left.  The Emirates logo will overlap but with a little adjustment and trimming it should fit in the area that you want it to be.  If that is your repaint in the picture above then I do not have to explain about using the Master_MD11_Fuse_Left_T and Master_MD11_Fuse_Right_T texture sheets to finish your repaint.

And Firas, Fabrizio is his real name, perhaps in the future you can simply point a fellow community member to the appropriate PMDG rules page or report the post and let the forum moderators do their job.

Have a good day gentlemen.

\Robert Hamlich/

One I dont know why you would want to Put a LOGO down there ??

2 Please Sign in with your real name not ( Fabrizio ) this is not a name and every one can see this , but since this is your second Post i think we all forgive you

3 please read this PMDG Forum Rules: Please Read Before Posting

http://forum.avsim.net/topic/361820-pmdg-forum-rules-please-read-before-posting/

4 just like it must apply to all members it must apply to you also

thank you

1: Plenty of airlines put a logo on the underside of the fuselage... Emirates has already been mentioned, Jetstar is another one. They look good when they fly overhead if you are in a city where the approach goes over suburbs. I'm not sure if Fabrizio is painting a real world livery, fictional Emirates MD11, or a repaint for some Virtual airline where he has made the creative decisions himself, but whatever the case - putting a logo on the underside of the fuselage is a perfectly good place for a machine that is capable of flight.

2: His name is obviously Fabrizio. A quick google search finds many people with this name, some from Italy, a more famous one from Brazil. Fabrizio did not include his surname though. My interpretation of the rules suggests "full name" includes a surname, but may not neccicarily include middle names. Nevertheless, let the moderators moderate.

∞: This is obviously a paint-kit related issue. Fabrizio is trying to figure out which part of the paint kit he needs to put his logo on to get it to show up on the bottom of the plane. I'm not a painter, and many of us are not, but in the most basic of terms, the fuselage of the MD11 is created by 2 (or more) texture files. The 2 sections "left" and "right" join at the top and bottom. To put a logo on the bottom, the painter will need to put half the logo on one texture and the other half on a different texture, they then need to try to join it up so that the 2 halves match without any overlap or misallignment.

As a non-painter this sounds hard to do. - But then again, as a non-painter simple texture formats and layers sound hard to do.

I wish Fabrizio luck and good fortune in his repainting activities and hope his MD11 looks good once it's done.

hi i totally agree with your comments Robert,This a friendly community and there is no need for self appointed policeman.If you manage to get the repaint sorted please post as i would like the repaint you are trying to do. Good luck

Gary Stallard

Return on topic.

Thank you all for kind and constructive replies .

(sorry for my worst english  :lol: )

Yes , this is a fictional livery for virtual airline I belong 

This is an Airbus A320 aereosoft that I made for for the VA dreamfly , have the logo bottom fusolage on all aircraft

as says Robert , i worked in normal procedure repainted ...  PMDG_MD11_Fuse_Left&Right_T > Master_MD11_Fuse_Left&Right_T > and passed in DXTBmp

example:

after processing the Master_MD11_Fuse step dds with DTXBmp

but when I insert the logo (half part ..left ) shows it incomprehensibly distorted in both parts

I thank you for the support

Best Regards

Fabrizio

its nothing to do about being emotional Firas its about showing some respect and courtesy for other members!If you look at Fabrizios original post the banner at the end of his post clearly says Fabrizio Guelpa in Bold Type.yours however needs a magnifying glass to see your your name ,people who live in green houses should not throw stones.

My last word on this but try to remember not all of us are as knowledgable as you regarding forums rules.

Gary Stallard

Thanks Gary.  Looks like it is going to be a bit of a headache Fabrizio, I will try to play around with the belly logo if I have a chance this week.  Nice looking repaint so far. 

\Robert Hamlich/

ok Robert ... :lol:

I look forward to, thank you very much for your availability

Best Regards

Fabrizio 

Hi Fabrizio,

I tried applying the belly logo on the PMDG MD-11 texture sheet and I cannot get it to appear properly.  It is too bad because the logo would look very nice on the MD-11.

\Robert Hamlich/

:lol: I could find the only problem PMDG MD11... this is an event !!

It is too bad , but does nothing, the plane is superb ... going to do without the logo to the bottom.

Robert  , thank you so much for your kindness.

Best Regards

Bizio (fabrizio)

No problem Fabrizio, it very likely is an issue with the way the model is compiled using the .dds texture.  I will try and play with the paintkit and will report back if I can resolve the issue.

\Robert Hamlich/