Sign in to follow this  
harrydoucette

NGX wont save panel state

Since i got my new pc and installed my ngx, i have two problems. cant save panel state, and every once and a while when selecting an approach i get a "program pin error" on the capt fmc. I then select the approach on the other fmc and the error is gone. 

Any guesses?

and whats up with the 2 keys they send ya? always wondered that? I've had the NGX since the day it was relesed and never had a problem until i used the other key on my new pc.

I wonder if it's a fsuipc problem??

-Harry 

Have you got your uac turned off and run fsx as admin rights

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

LOL if that's the problem im going to cut myself  for being an idiot.... the problem is i have win8 and i dont think i did turn it off. 

i'll let ya know

-Harry (idiot) 

worked. it's not easy to turn it off (%100) in windows 8

So  uac  was the cause of  your problem,  thought it  would  be just as  easy as win 7 looks like  its not  :)

I7-800k,Corsair h1101 cooler ,Asus Strix Gaming Intel Z370 S11 motherboard, Corsair 32gb ramDD4,    2  ssd 500gb 970 drive, gtx 1080ti Card,  RM850 power supply

Peter kelberg

Hi I have the same problem with saving flights.

When I save the flight being airborne and load this flight into FSX I have incorrect panel state.

I get CWS mode, CDU screen is set to maximum brightness, have no route, weights and altitude in CDU. All the knobs and switches are saved correct.

Interesting is the fact, that I can save flight with correct panel state when I'm at the gate. When I'm on the runway or airborne (eg. descending) I have some issues described above.

My spec.: Win7x64 / 8GB RAM, FSX in C:\FSX (all admin rights), FSX.EXE set to be run as administrator, antivirus disabled, UAC disabled.

Adrian