Sign in to follow this  
kathief

Welcome!

KevinH, if you'd like to try the game on your XP machine (assuming it meets the other system requirements), please create an account on www.infinitescuba.com and let me know the user name. I will give you review access.

KevinH, if you'd like to try the game on your XP machine (assuming it meets the other system requirements), please create an account on www.infinitescuba.com and let me know the user name. I will give you review access.

I've also got an XP machine as my secondary computer, and I can test the game on that too.

ChaoticBeauty, same offer as with KevinH. If your XP machine meets all the system requirements except Windows 7, please create an account on www.infinitescuba.com and let me know the user name. I will give you review access. Thank you!

ChaoticBeauty, same offer as with KevinH. If your XP machine meets all the system requirements except Windows 7, please create an account on www.infinitescuba.com and let me know the user name. I will give you review access. Thank you!

Oh, I just realised that my XP machine doesn't meet the 4GB RAM requirement. So no testing for me.

Got the news this morning, and as both an avid scuba diver and running a scuba site, I am more than intrigued and wanted to start playing right away! But apparently the Mac version isn't available now (probably due to the Mountain Lion issues you discovered?), and the PC version seems to require a discrete video card, which surprises me a little as most of Intel's recent chips have integrated video. Requiring a discrete card would seem to eliminate a large percentage of PCs out there, and especially newer ones. Another minor thing: I do not like to put credit card info into a form, and especially not with the security code. Since you do accept PayPal for donations, I'd much rather pay via PauyPal.   

This game needs more promotion and marketing to make it more attractive to aspiring buyers. Like, more screenshots and videos. A demo is necessary too. Some insight on the upcoming DLC would be nice, to let the buyer know that the game does have a future. I don't want to buy Infinite Scuba, and see Microsoft Flight repeating itself.

@Conradb212... we do run on Intel HD Graphics 4000 cards (new, integrated). We have recently started testing on a wider variety of machine configurations, too. As we learn more about which configs perform acceptably (or not), we will update the system requirements on the website: https://www.infinitescuba.com/pages/requirements

Re: credit card payments, our entire process is secure & PCI-compliant. PayPal integration is a non-trivial amount of work and we decided to put those resources into other features for the game. If we get enough demand for PayPal, we will look into the integration.

@ChaoticBeauty... yes, we completely agree! We have done virtually no marketing yet, but now that the game has been released, we can focus on the screenshots, videos, demos, interviews, promotions, etc. we need to get the word out. A demo version of the game is part of the Sea Monsters:Revealed exhibit at the Museum of Science & Technology in Tampa that opened last week, but that is the only marketing we've done so far. We are a small independent team, so we do not have the development or marketing budgets of big AAA games. Our marketing efforts will be focused on the dive community (via our relationships with PADI, DEMA, the 20 equipment manufacturers who have signed with us), the ocean enviromental community (via our relationship with Sylvia Earle & Mission Blue), and the reality-based gaming community. Stay tuned! You can help by telling your friends about the game, if you like it. :)

@KERNEL32, the game should run on Vista 64-bit, but hasn't been tested on that config yet. If you'd like to try it, please create an account on www.infinitescuba.com and let me know the user name, so I can give you review access. Thanks!

Forgot to add this...

Please make sure the machine meets the other system requirements listed on the Game Info page: https://www.infinitescuba.com/pages/requirements

Thanks again!

Hi! We went ahead and posted the Mac version on our website. We are still waiting for the Apple Dev Support team to assist re: code-signing, so you will have to click through some warning dialogs, but you can install and play the Mac build. Will update again as soon as we resolve the code-signing issue.

kathie

For Mac players... we are still waiting to hear back from Apple Developer Support re: how to properly resolve the Gatekeeper bug. Our game is code-signed and verified, but is sometimes not recognized as such. If you receive an error after download that says the game is damaged or the developer is not recognized, you can get around the issue by following these steps:

• Go to the “Security & Privacy” settings in System Preferences
  • Note the current Gatekeeper setting
  • Set Gatekeeper to the “Anywhere” setting
  • Launch “Infinite Scuba” and log into the game with your Infinite Scuba user name and password
  • Change the Gatekeeper setting back to its previous setting

Here’s the official Apple Support page re: this problem for more information: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT5290

@KERNEL32, the game should run on Vista 64-bit, but hasn't been tested on that config yet. If you'd like to try it, please create an account on www.infinitescuba.com and let me know the user name, so I can give you review access. Thanks!

Forgot to add this...

Please make sure the machine meets the other system requirements listed on the Game Info page: https://www.infinitescuba.com/pages/requirements

Thanks again!

KERNEL32, I have Vista 64 also and was wondering how it was running for you? 

I look forward to your report.

Thanks,

Glen

KERNEL32, I have Vista 64 also and was wondering how it was running for you? 

I look forward to your report.

Thanks,

Glen

Hey Glen,

It runs great, but I do have a slight issue where I cannot choose the resolution. My system is stuck at 1024x768 (my system is not giving widescreen support for this title). However Kathie has told me that widescreen IS supported 1360x768.

I wondered if it was because I had 2 monitors, so I disabled monitor #2 and restarted computer, then tried but still cannot select a resolution.

I don't see any "config" files so I now wonder if I need to completely remove and reinstall to see if that will help.

The Mac version is available on our website now, with the code-signing bug resolved.

I am running on Vista 64 and it is great... until it freeezes up. I started great but it freezes at different times. I had it do it in less than 2 minutes the last time. Any Ideas?