Sign in to follow this  
severniae

Download errors and odd winds

Hi All,

Wondering if any of you can help point me in the right direction;

The last few times I've used Active Sky 2012 it's been letting me down. Usually the downloads complete perfectly, but recently for some reason (definitely not my internet, I've checked it thoroughly!) the downloads fail intermittently. Last night for instance - I was trying to get AS2012 to work, and eventually it claimed to have downloaded the data and synthesis was active, however the winds were all wrong and I was flying with an ISA Deviation of +73!!! Had to use FSX real world weather to get everything to calm down to more reasonable levels.

I'm using SP1 at the moment, haven't upgraded to the SP2 as it isn't released yet and I've always been a bit cautious about using software before its official release - however if this is the only fix I'm willing to give it a go but would rather avoid it...

Many thanks,

James W

Banner_FS2Crew_Supporter.jpg

James,

Upgrade to SP2 which is now release candidate. You will require the Combined Update B4801 and then add B4815 on that.

Part of the update adds greater server supprt "Added additional high performance wx data network server for more redundancy and better performance"

Hi Stephen,

Suspected thuis may be the case - I'll download tonight and give it a go.

Thanks,

James W

Hi All,

Still seem to have the same issues - Upgraded yesterday to latest versions, still having problems downloading the weather - yesterday first attempt was fine, however today all I'm getting is 'downloading global weather from for [date/time] from tertiary server...' - Doesn't get further than that.

I have no firewalls enabled on my PC and it was working fine up until about a week ago...

Thanks,

James W

I'm also experiencing this problem.

Any historical data I download between about the 5th March 2013 and the 15th March 2013 results in a load of download failed messages, and 9 times out of 10, the data doesn't download fully. Historical data outside of that date range seems to download OK.

I've already raised a ticket for this issue, and also tried an uninstall and reinstall, but the problem remains.