Sign in to follow this  
CaptainKorhonen

FSRecorder and PMDG 737 NGX

I was about to render a video with FSR when I noticed the flaps aren't moving at all during the playback. I checked all the tickboxes before recording the replay, however, neither the flaps nor the flap lever seem to be working. I had a look at the data window, and the flap setting value there does change as the plane nears the airport. It appears that the flap positions (and probably the flap lever position as well, although that can't be seen in the data window) have been recorded but FSR somehow fails to get the information through to the plane at playback. I find that strange because all that is required to extend the flaps, be it during actual simulation or during a replay, is a press of the "flaps extend incrementally" button (Which FSR is obviously capable of doing). I actually tried extending them manually during the replay and they worked just fine.

I saved a panel state at the point at which I wanted to start recording. I tried loading that state immediately after starting the playback but it made no difference. I've seen tons of NGX videos in which the flaps are working just fine, so I'm wondering - is this caused by the plane not being compatible with FSRecorder or does FSR itself have some kind of bug that screws up the replay? Do I have to keep an eye on the data window and extend the flaps manually as the position value changes?

I am using FSX SP2 (Acceleration) and FSR 2.181 Alpha.

~CK

Have you make sure you set FSrecorder correctly? Double-check that everything is checked before you start recording the flight and make sure it is the latest version of FSrecorder by checking here: http://www.fs-recorder.net/

Let me know if this helps.

I do have the latest version of FSR. I decided to record it all over again, this time making sure all the boxes are checked. It still won't work. The data window shows the flap setting changing but nothing happens.  :mellow:

Update (sorry for the bump): I shut down my computer for the night and uninstalled FSR 2.181 Alpha today. I then installed FSR 2.1, which is the latest stable version, and it appears to be working now. I have no idea whether it was the restart or the reinstallation that solved the problem. I think the latest alpha version wasn't compatible with the plane. Thanks for your help, Gareth.  :smile:

~CK

But you can render the replay? With the 2.1 version, the rendering option doesn't appears for me.

But you can render the replay? With the 2.1 version, the rendering option doesn't appears for me.

Damn. That's a good point. It appears it doesn't have a render function. I'll have to try 2.181 again and see if it works.

Damn. That's a good point. It appears it doesn't have a render function. I'll have to try 2.181 again and see if it works.

Ok. Post here if recording with 2.1 and rendering with 2.18 could be the solution for us  :wink:

Ok. Post here if recording with 2.1 and rendering with 2.18 could be the solution for us  :wink:

Actually, I only tried recording the replay with 2.18. It worked it 2.1 but not in 2.18. Anyways, I had a go at 2.16 and guess what - It works! The flaps move, AND it can render the replays  :wink: Off to test 2.17, and I should probably also tell the FSR devs about the problem so that they can fix it.

Edit: And 2.17 works as well. Here's a quick summary:

2.1 - Works, but no rendering.

2.16 - Works, has rendering.

2.17 - Works, has rendering and even more stuff than 2.16

2.18 - Does not work, but has even more features than 2.17.

Works, as in "records and plays recordings correctly".

So, it seems that if you want to record the 737 NGX, you're probably better off using 2.17 since it has rendering, stuff works and apart from the very latest (small) additions it has everything you'll need. It'll get the job done.

Oh god. That's a lot of version numbers.

~CK