Anyone out there with the Cessna Pro Flight yoke have slight wiggle on their roll axis.  I like the yoke but the wiggle or deadzone moves about 3mm which can be a bit distracting. The pitch is tight but their isn't any movement without firm pressure.  Is this a defective yoke?  Common and are there any fixes?

I like the yoke but the wiggle or deadzone moves about 3mm which can be a bit distracting.

I have the Pro Flight Cessna and like it very much.  I do not however understand what you are describing.  A wiggle needs a better description, but to me a wiggle and a dead zone sound like opposites.  Can you provide a better explanation?

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
VG289 4K 27" Monitor; Honeycomb Alpha & Bravo, Crosswind 3's w/dampener.  
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

I am using the Cessna Proflight Yoke. No wiggles, no problem with dead zone. Make certain you are not connected via USB 3.0, it only works properly with v2.0 connections.

Ray

When Pigs Fly . Ray Marshall .

Actually, if I'm reading you right, I think a 3mm 'null zone' along the axis is relatively reasonable.  The only way to know for sure if is truly 'null' is to use something like FSUIPC to see if the values don't change in that area (and if they do you might want to force it to be truly null by setting it in FSUIPC).  In my own experience, I haven't found a null zone to be a problem.  The reason you might want to force it to be null is that the yoke will tend to lean left or right in that area and you don't want it to be turning the aircraft if it is.  Also, for some aircraft like the J41 and B737, the autopilot won't engage if it 'perceives' pressure on the yoke.  So, if you create a null zone in that area, the autopilot should engage without a problem.  In terms of 'wiggle', if it's not rotational wiggle (e.g. the movement is not around the axis) then it's a problem...the axis should be rock-solid.

Gregg

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

The yoke works fine it's that it has loose movement left to right before there is a pressure. Basically if I barely touch it it moves a little but it doesn't cause any input. Still usable but annoying.i attached a video.

Basically if I barely touch it it moves a little but it doesn't cause any input.

Do not see the video attached.

This is the third different yoke I have used.  The first two were CH Products models.  All three have had a minimal amount of x-axis play from being at rest.  My Pro Cessna has that amount of "play" if that's what you call it.  But in that margin it still has some slight resistance.  Likely nothing more than friction.   Let me say this.  If I pick the yoke up, holding it by the body, then tilt it this way and that way, the yoke handle/wheel does not move around.  But when mounted I can turn it left or right very slightly without causing control input in the simulator.

I just went and checked my Honda CRV, our Mini Cooper-S, and my John Deere garden tractor, all newer than 2009, and all have about the same amount of play in the steering.  I was last in a Beech Bonanza with the yoke in my hands about a month ago and though I cannot check that today I believe it had likely twice that amount of play.  

Frank Patton
MasterCase Pro H500M; MSI Z490 WiFi MOB; i7 10700k 3.8 Ghz; Gigabyte RTX 3080 12gb OC; H100i Pro liquid cooler; 32GB DDR4 3600;  Gold RMX850X PSU;
ASUS 
Former USAF meteorologist & ground weather school instructor. AOPA Member #07379126

"I will never put my name on a product that does not have in it the best that is in me." - John Deere

The amount of movement I see in your video is consistent with my yoke, and I have never even noticed it.  What I cannot see in the video is if yours is free enough that it would move on its own if you detached the mount, picked it up by the main body, and tilted it this way and that.  Mine does not. Mine has enough friction against the shaft to prevent that.  I do have that same small amount of movement without influencing control input in FSX and I consider it normal.

To validate that I have the same yoke:

SaitekMulti-M.jpg

Frank Patton
ASUS 

That does seem a little wiggly. On the other hand, while my CH doesn't have that kind of null area, it does have an area of light spring action right around there where it might lean this way or that way a little bit.  I have to program in a null area to prevent it from lightly turning the aircraft.  Maybe it was their intent to have a null area to prevent that problem...dunno.  As I mentioned, if you fly the J41 or PMDG B737, you'll need a null area so the autopilot will engage.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

i return 3 saitek cessna yoke to amazon then i give up ever tried another one lol