Sign in to follow this  
ofentress

Auto pilot (?) problem

I've loaded a flight plan (FSC) as usual, take off, activate the AP and follow altitude instructions from the FMC heading toward the first waypoint.  Only problem is, after a few seconds of climbing to the altitude as indicated by the FMC,  the rate of climb slowly  begins to drop well before reaching the waypoint. Eventually it drops to 0 rate of climb before reaching the waypoint. All knobs, switches and buttons are activated as required. The only way I could resume the climb was to activate the v/s.

Never saw this before and can't figure how to correct it. Anyone ever had similar a problem and found a way to corrrect it?

Jack Fentress

Jordan/L.J.............

I hadn't thought about that.  I'll crank things back up and we'll see.

Jack

Same thing is happening. No restrictions anywhere. I've added a few pics to illustrate how things are set and also the aircraft nose down but not losing altitude.

Jack

Hello Jack, As I see it, 1st constraint is 11,500, you have Alt set at 12,000 so the A/C is levelling off at 12,000 and will stay there until you set higher Alt. The Baro doesn't look good either, and if your flying in Canada or USA transition Alt is 18000., so at 18000 Baro will change to STD from 29.92.  Hope I am right,   Richard Welsh.

No, its just a calculated value, its not a restriction. He is at 2500ft, plenty of space to climb till 12600 set at MCP. 

Richard.........

Right on a couple of things, but........

Notice that altitude has leveled off at 2,520 ft. The FMC altitude data was in the process of changing downwards and since I was getting those shots I didn't have time to change, but I did notice it. Also, the aircraft speed was around 200 although the FMC is calling for 307 and the aircraft is not speeding up to that.

Otherwise, you're correct. I did submit a ticket on this but it was just a little while ago so too early to expect a reply.

Jack

That is way beyond "strange" with the AoA. Try the FSUIPC solution.

Problem solved, thanks to the PMDG Support guys.  Turns out it was the FSUIPC .ini file was corrupted.  After deleting the file and restarting FSX, the file regenerated and things were back to normal.

Apparently, even though this a rare problem, it had happened before and they has a solution right away.

Jack