Sign in to follow this  
bluemanrom2

PC-12 or PA46T ?

Which one of these two, the Flight1 PC-12 and Carenado PA46T Malibu, is the best ?

I'm interested in system complexity and FDE !

Thank you !

For systems complexity the Flight 1 PC12 is the way to go.

Cheers

Lee

If you don't have it - you might want to throw the Real Air Duke into the mix - even though it has two engines it is probably the BEST turboprop on the market right now... <br /><br />Regards,<br />Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I don't have either of those but Bernt Stolle did the FDE for the PA46 so that's likely solid.  I don't know how complete their systems are on that aircraft.  They're not known for their glass.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."
i7-8700 32GB Ram, GTX-1070 8 Gig RAM

Well the PC-12 doesn't have system complexity unless you add the Reality XP GPS. From what I hear Carenado is again good with the FDE but lacking in everything else. But personally it's the PC-12 is favorite airplane. Holds half a dozen people and can fly high and fast. In and out of short strips if you need to. Really love it. In fact I just reinstalled it and am flying her right now! Highly recommended.

One point you might consider is the Carenado is graphically superior, the PC-12 was released a few years ago. But the Flight1 offering still has a nice layout, good clean textures, and really good night lighting allowing you only gauge backlighting and/or a dome light. Carenado is notorious for not caring much about night lighting.

Man I'd probably go with PMDG jetstream or Realair turbine duke. The Pilatus is quite old. If you're picky about nice looking models you won't be happy. The jet prop is nice but the glass cockpit is tiny and can be hard to read. Also the jet prop is quite slow.

Maybe wait for the soon to be released TBM? I've got their cirrus and the g1000 is easier to read than their G500 rendition.

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

If he does try to get the RXP GNS for it

| FAA ZMP |
| PPL ASEL |
| Windows 11 | MSI Z690 Tomahawk | 12700K 4.7GHz | MSI RTX 4080 | 32GB 5600 MHz DDR5 | 500GB Samsung 860 Evo SSD | 2x 2TB Samsung 970 Evo M.2 | EVGA 850W Gold | Corsair 5000X | HP G2 (VR) / LG 27" 1440p |

Other than them both being single engine turbo-props they're really very different airplanes.  Maybe I'm too rooted in reality, but these wouldn't be real-world "should I get A or B" choices.

Don't have the PC-12, but I do have the P46T and it's a remarkably appealing plane, though there are a few mods you'll probably want to make if you go that route.  Check the Carenado support forum for more info.  The flight model seems good, the graphics excellent and the system depth is not bad.  Yes, there are a few quirks, and no don't expect a fully featured, deep G500 but the system is adequate and even better if paired with RealityXP GPS units - the P46T supports full RXP integration (530 plus 430).  I actually prefer the G500 as implemented in the P46T, as when combined with the RXP units, the level of system depth isn't as noticeable as it is with Carenado's G1000 equipped planes.

Scott

Thank you all for answering.

Like i said in my first post, i'm more interested in flying a "plane" and not just some nice textures. So it is very important for me to have as many functional switches possible, and to know that the aircraft reacts realistically to my actions.

I know about the RealAir Dukes and Milviz's twins, but i want a single engine for know.

I'm inclined to go for the Flight1 PC-12, but don't know how well it behaves in comparison to the real one.

I'm waiting for more opinions.

My suggestion is to go with your head...get the PC12 from Flight1...if you don't like it they will give you a refund in 30 days and you can pick up something else.

Gregg Seipp

"A good landing is when you can walk away from the airplane.  A great landing is when you can reuse it."

Flight 1 - advanced planes with top notch technical support and a 30 refund - - - Carenado - not very responsive to customers - bug lists that get quite long many of which never get resolved - and unless Bernt fixes the FDE - pretty weak flight models... These are just generalizations on the companies and not commenting on the two planes in question...<br /><br />Regards,<br />Scott

imageproxy.png.c7210bb70e999d98cfd3e77d7

I just noticed that Flight1 also sells the PA46...so get both and return the one you like least.

Gregg Seipp

Flight 1s PA46 is not for fsx.