Sign in to follow this  
jgoggi

FO again reading the engine failure checklist at the parking

Bryan, today, after simulating an engine failure at Vr, I performed the related engine failure or shutdown checklist and returned to the departure airport. After landing and parking, when I did the normal shutdown checklist, after the call "engine start levers -> cutoff", the FO started again reading the engine failure or shutdown checklist from step 7 onwards (APU available for start or not available). I tried restarting the normal shutdown checklist and he did that again. I did not try to redo all the flight, because it would have taken too long. Do you think it's an isolate issue or not? Tomorrow I will try again.

Thanks.

James Goggi

I had it happen to me last night after a single engine landing due to engine two expoloding.

From memory I called for the shut down check list after shuting down #1 (the good engine) and got the failure check list read out to me.

Cheers

A.Greentree