Sign in to follow this  
moekarout

Release Date Contest

My prediction is with-in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully earlier). In that time schedule we can expect to see videos/more pictures, a release date etc. 

As for the NGX crisis; I really hope PMDG don't encounter this again, as It was very disappointing to say the least, but to be fair it was fixed with-in a couple of hours.

The interruption didn't last very long and I doubt it really had any impact on their sales other than causing their customers some aggravation in having to wait a little longer... PMDG was on top things and did a great job in ultimately stopping the attack.

Stupid question but what was the "NGX crisis"? I'm bored at work so don't bash me for asking this :P

Some folks on the other side of the earth tried to DDoS PMDG's servers the day of release iirc.

Unfortunately, these tactics are becoming more and more common and a reality that we have to accept until the vulnerabilities that allow this are taken care of.

Some folks on the other side of the earth tried to DDoS PMDG's servers the day of release iirc.

What??? Thanks VAE_jonp for explaning ^_^

Ivan Majetic

MAXIMUS XII HERO, i9 10900k, NZXT KRAKEN Z73, GIGABYTE RTX 3080 v2 OC, G.SKILL TridentZ DDR4 32 Gb, WD HDD 2TB, SAMSUNG 980PRO, SAMSUNG 970EVO Plus 2x, ASUS PG348Q

My prediction is with-in the next 2-3 weeks (hopefully earlier). In that time schedule we can expect to see videos/more pictures, a release date etc.

That's the attitude! (-;

My neighbor is a psychic, she told me she saw a huge airplane asking for me in the backyard of my pc. I asked her, when?.....she told me that Even Mr RSR's angles refused to tell her "agents" :)

Going back to the subject, and given the mysterious theme of the 777x, yesterday I thought about another funny way of announcing the release date, it is to be by embedding the date in a complicated mathematical formula, and give it let say 24 hours to be resolved. The winner then will get a free copy. This way, students will study more and we will refresh our memories!

As an answer to your "quiz", I guess it will be around 15 April, and the price will be from 95 to 99 usd.

Happy pre release moments!

I am going away in 2 weeks. It would be my luck that It is released when I am away from my beloved flightsim.

As for the NGX crisis; I really hope PMDG don't encounter this again, as It was very disappointing to say the least, but to be fair it was fixed with-in a couple of hours.

I'll probably wait a day or two for the initial surge to go down to avoid any hiccups while purchasing. 

Seven (7) hundred and seventy seven (77) days...! It will be here when they feel its ready and only seven (7) hours, seven (7) minutes and seven (7) seconds after that moment! Lol, looking forward to the release like everyone else.... So lets all just sit back and relax, maybe spend some extra time with your families. We all know once its released we will be neglecting our loved ones ;)

5Take Care, Will Clark

My computer: Intel 14900K, Motherboard ROR Maximus Z790 Formula, PSU Dark Power 1600, Ram DDR5 (7200) Vengeance 32GB CL38, ASUS 4090, Keyboard Logitech ASUS, Mouse ROCCAT LEADR Wireless, Corsair M.2 SSD 4TB x2, Headset Astro A50 Wireless, Microphone Elgato Wave 3, Stream Deck Elgato XL, GoXLR, Loopdeck Live, Chair Steelcase Gesture with Headrest, Case: Lian Li O11 Dynamic XL ROG White, Custom Built water cooling, Ek Lian li xl distro plate, Fittings EK & Bitspower, Monitor LG C1 48 OLED, Desk Speakers Audio Engine A5+ White.

I'll probably wait a day or two for the initial surge to go down to avoid any hiccups while purchasing. 

:blink:

Nice approach, but sounds too good to be true. They are now "cleaning up loose ends, adding some pieces of minor functionality" (see post #1 on the 15MAR13-thread). I guess that'll take some weeks. After that, a thorough phase of testing will follow. As from what I recall from the NGX, that alone lasted months. Subsequently, it should also take some time to finalize everything. So my guess: not before summer (probably August, September) if they don't encounter any problems.

Cheers,

Markus

Nice approach, but sounds too good to be true. 

August/September seems a little too far fetched for it to get released. Its more like the 300 & 200ER that will get released around that time. From what it looks like AOA pretty much have their training software complete, same goes for FS2Crew (although I could be wrong). 

I guess they have pretty much gone through the tedious parts of the BETA testing.

Nice approach, but sounds too good to be true. They are now "cleaning up loose ends, adding some pieces of minor functionality" (see post #1 on the 15MAR13-thread). I guess that'll take some weeks. After that, a thorough phase of testing will follow. As from what I recall from the NGX, that alone lasted months. Subsequently, it should also take some time to finalize everything. So my guess: not before summer (probably August, September) if they don't encounter any problems.

Cheers,

Markus

One thing to remember is that the NGX was completely new from the ground up, the beta for the NGX took so long due to this fact. Since the T7 is based off the NGX base code for their systems development, the testing phase should be much shorter. Now, I realize we have to take into account the new things that have been introduced and also that I have no idea what their doing right now.... ^_^ so I'm clearly talking out of my rear!!  IT could be many more weeks or just a couple?!! Either way, we're going to be flying a PMDG T7. :P

Either way, we're going to be flying a PMDG T7. :P

That for sure! :dance:

August/September seems a little too far fetched for it to get released. Its more like the 300 & 200ER that will get released around that time. From what it looks like AOA pretty much have their training software complete, same goes for FS2Crew (although I could be wrong). 

I guess they have pretty much gone through the tedious parts of the BETA testing.

I'd love that, since it's hard to wait for probably all of us, but I doubt that they have gone through BETA testing if they still add (even minor) functionalities to the base pack. I also expect more updates on the development progress later as announced in the 15MAR13-thread. In my opinion, we will close in for the release by the time they start showing videos of the 777. However, I would be very happy to be surprised with an earlier release.

Markus

we will close in for the release by the time they start showing videos of the 777. However, I would be very happy to be surprised with an earlier release.

Yep, as soon as the videos start rolling in, the excitement kicks in...

As for a surprise release, Rob did say they wont surprise us by releasing it over-night...

Speaking of AoA, they have just released another Training Exclusive Preview for the 777: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gPjVZ1-782w.

All I can say is after release, there will be lights shining late into the night to study the systems, then a functional check flight, then a captains check ride then the fun :-)

Harry Nelson