Sign in to follow this  
moekarout

Release Date Contest

Nice approach, but sounds too good to be true. They are now "cleaning up loose ends, adding some pieces of minor functionality" (see post #1 on the 15MAR13-thread). I guess that'll take some weeks. After that, a thorough phase of testing will follow. As from what I recall from the NGX, that alone lasted months. Subsequently, it should also take some time to finalize everything. So my guess: not before summer (probably August, September) if they don't encounter any problems.

Since everybody is referencing the thread:

"We are well into the phase of cleaning up loose ends... and putting the airplane through some very rigorous verification..."

They haven't only just started cleaning her up - they also state she's already being put through rigorous testing. Depends how you want to read it, however I'm not sure why they'd start 'prerelease' previews if she's still 4-6 months away.. I would have thought they'd start the 'official windup to release' much later down the line if it was that far off. Just my opinion, it'll release when it releases!

Me thinks RSR will be pulling the release trigger during the FANCON event.  Be a great way to launch it :P

Chris Sunseri

Me thinks RSR will be pulling the release trigger during the FANCON event.  Be a great way to launch it :P

Maybe, but wouldn't people rush home to buy it then there will be no more FANCON.

PMDG probably needs all hands on deck during release week anyway lol

Or make it available and run away - "Every man for himself"  :lol:

My guess is June 20th at $79 USD.

Infact that has been guess (the date) since early-mid last year.

Or make it available and run away - "Every man for himself" :lol:

I'm just picturing one poor guy left alone at a keyboard to man the forums and everything lol. Oh well at least they have that nice office.

I'm placing my Money on a August release. i know the NGX was the first of the new technology but PMDG started showing preview photos early as Feb 2011 and a few demonstration videos soon after but testing dragged out the release right until August of that year. 

RSR's said that they "might" consider modeling the 200ER if testing dragged on. Not reading between the lines or anything (ok i kinda am  :P ) that tells me there is some work left in the old girl yet before they are going to roll her out to the public, i don't mean to be rude but those of you who seem hopeful for release in the coming weeks/month....let me just put a large needle into that joyful yet unrealistic bubble you have there and i'll let ya down easy by taking you out for a brew, in fact i'm such a nice guy the first one's on me!  :biggrin:  

I'm shooting for August/September. 

I'm just picturing one poor guy left alone at a keyboard to man the forums and everything lol. Oh well at least they have that nice office.

If it were me I would by munching on a Giordano's stuffed pizza in one hand and punching away on the keyboard with the other hand lol

Guest Mik75

I wouldn't place any money on that, but since PMDG always want to deliver a software which is nearly bug free and as complete as possible, my guess is September 2013.

Perhaps then during FANCON closing ceremonies so he won't get mobbed lol.  For price I'd say $89 bucks

Chris Sunseri

Trying to guess PMDG's release date is like playing this:

roulette-wheel-spinning.jpg

It's impossible to predict.