Sign in to follow this  
Robjaworski11

Stutters

Hey guys,

This problem just recently started happeneing. The FPS in my virtual cockpit is fine. The problem is occurring in the Spot view mode. On the ground, the spot view works fine with great FPS. Though, when climbing higher in altitude and even reaching cruise, i am experiencing a significant amount of intermittent stutters. Again, the FPS in the virtual cockpit is fine at all times, but the exterior spot view when climbing and cruising is causing stutters. I have my cfg file tweaked by bojotes cfg tweaker, I use an external frame limiter to lock my frames at 50 (i have tried locking it lower but the stutters persist), I defrag my computer regularly, i have not installed any new programs or changed any major settings on my computer, i run all my FS applications via WideFS, and the problem occurrs with all aicraft within my FSX fleet library. Any help wold be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Rob Jaworski

I use an external frame limiter to lock my frames at 50 (i have tried locking it lower but the stutters persist),

I would advice to lock your frames at max 30 no mather if it helps or not, It will get you into trouble later. One thing you could try is using the internal FSX framelimiter instead.

On my system I did a test using an external locked at 30(nvidia Inpectors limiter) and afterwords compared it to the internal FSX limiter locked at 30 using fraps to measure FPS(booth gave me stable 30FPS ). The external gave me stutters, the internal didn't. And if you use a nvida card make sure to use the vsync option in NI inspector.

I have a Nvidia card, how do i access NI inspector? And i will definitely try using the internal FSX limiter as i have heard from other ppl as well that it does give less stutters.

System Specs:

Intel Core i7 2600K o/c to 4.5ghz

Asus P8Z68-M Pro motherboard

GS800 power supply

Nvidia GTX460

8GB Corsair Vengeance RAM

Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo cpu cooler

If you have NI downloaded, run it and look just above where it says "voltage" for the card and click the tools box, that will open up a settings screen, just type in MS into the profile tab, and select FSX, the VSync is on the "common" section, set that to 1/2 refresh rate(assuming you have a 60Hz monitor) - some people use "adaptive some people use "standard" - whatever works for you.

Not knocking bojotes tweaks, I have never tried them, but there are plenty other tweaks to try, try the guide by paul up in mobo cpu and hardware.

but there are plenty other tweaks to try, try the guide by paul up in mobo cpu and hardware.

Or you could search google for "Kostasworld FSX"(link is banned by avsim). I know Word Not Allowed may be an f.. word around here now, but I find he's guide to be much easier to read than the official avsim guide.

I have a Nvidia card, how do i access NI inspector?

It's a seperate program you have to download, just search on google and you'll find it. And just follow the instructions given by Paul above this post.

Okay so i've tried all the suggestions you guys have made above, and i am continuing to get this intermittent obnoxious stutter that never existed before. I really cant think what would be causing these to happen. Any more suggestions or tips would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Rob

I get it too and I have basically the same system specs.  It's from your GPU having a hard time rendering quickly enough.  My suggestion is to stay out of spot view until you can get to altitude.  I have found that locking your FPS at 30, 25, or 20 helps a lot but does not get rid of it.  My issue is if I fly out of FSDT KORD or KJFK in heavy weather in the PMDG 737.  It becomes very stable after leaving KORD/KJFK and I get a solid locked fps while at altitude.  It just happens on takeoff and landing and not everywhere so I have grown accustomed to the issue.  There is no know fix other than lowering your settings and running default aircrafts in default scenery.

Best regards,

jim

Jim Young | AVSIM Online! - Simming's Premier Resource!

Member, AVSIM Board of Directors - Serving AVSIM since 2001

Submit News to AVSIM
Important other links: Basic FSX Configuration Guide | AVSIM CTD Guide | AVSIM Prepar3D Guide | Help with AVSIM Site | Signature Rules | Screen Shot Rule | AVSIM Terms of Service (ToS)

I7 8086K  5.0GHz | GTX 1080 TI OC Edition | Dell 34" and 24" Monitors | ASUS Maximus X Hero MB Z370 | Samsung M.2 NVMe 500GB and 1TB | Samsung SSD 500GB x2 | Toshiba HDD 1TB | WDC HDD 1TB | Corsair H115i Pro | 16GB DDR4 3600C17 | Windows 10 

Titan is not the answer as I have one and I am experiencing small stutters in the Spot view mode, trying to figure out why with this card should not be happening may be a driver issue with the Titan did not have this problem with gtx 680 4gig ftw not happy about it.

Rich Sennett

Titan may be the answer.

LOL. Well Im sure for $1100.00. .............I have a noise in my Ford Focus. Buy a Mercedez CLS550 and you won't have a noise. :)

That is depressing, Rich! I would be REALLY mad! I now know what card NOT to plan for in my Haswell build.

Dave

Well I will admit distance looks a lot better almost no blur which is nice so I am thinking its early driver problems which is not good because we all know how much they care about flightsim but I will figure it out and let you know so don't give up we'll figure it out, Probably just an cfg file change and NI settings for this card,  I will figure it out not lot of simmers using this card so not a lot of info on it yet.

Rich Sennett

Dave this is what I have you see anything crazy

2uy0i1e.jpg

Rich Sennett