Sign in to follow this  
mazelda

Acceptance Flights

Hi  all

I was just wondering with the hopefully imminent arrival of tht T7 if anyone like me would like to pick her up as if she was just out of the assembly buildings at Paine.

I don't know if this has been done already but I think it would be pretty good if we could simulate the checks and flights before acceptance.

Has PMDG ever thought of this? If they could get boeings approval and put them in as tutorials

rgds

Pete Little

UK's Civil Aviation Authority has publicly available documents called Check Flight Schedules (or CFS for short). These documents are used for flight testing of new aircraft to prove airworthiness, and they require some interesting maneuvers and procedures to be carried out in order to check an airplane's equipment and flight caracteristics, such as climb with one engine out, in-flight engine restart, cabin pressurization and flight control tests, among other things. It seems to be quite comprehensive. I used it when the NGX was released and I intend to use it when the 777 comes out. The document number for the 777-200 is CFS-282 if you're interested.

Matheus Mafra

UK's Civil Aviation Authority has publicly available documents called Check Flight Schedules (or CFS for short). These documents are used for flight testing of new aircraft to prove airworthiness, and they require some interesting maneuvers and procedures to be carried out in order to check an airplane's equipment and flight caracteristics, such as climb with one engine out, in-flight engine restart, cabin pressurization and flight control tests, among other things. It seems to be quite comprehensive. I used it when the NGX was released and I intend to use it when the 777 comes out. The document number for the 777-200 is CFS-282 if you're interested.

This is just anedoctal, but I tried to fly the NGX through their procedures and it was really difficult to do everything as a single pilot, especially hand flying while monitoring and recording the performance at the same time.

his is just anedoctal, but I tried to fly the NGX through their procedures and it was really difficult to do everything as a single pilot, especially hand flying while monitoring and recording the performance at the same time.

I forgot to mention that. If you try to fly the aircraft and note all the information that the sheet requires you to, then you're gonna have a bad time. I tried it myself and it's almost impossible to do alone. If I'm not wrong, the test would be conducted by three pilots, each one with one duty: the captain flies the airplane while the copilot monitors the instruments and pass the needed information to an observer, who would write everything down.

Matheus Mafra

Hi Guys,

I can tell you that Check Flights and Acceptance flights are very different. Some maneuvers are the same. However the Acceptance flight is much much thorough. While the UK CAA may be 30 pages, the Acceptance manual for the A320 is +300.

Just a note :)

rgds,

I forgot to mention that. If you try to fly the aircraft and note all the information that the sheet requires you to, then you're gonna have a bad time. I tried it myself and it's almost impossible to do alone. If I'm not wrong, the test would be conducted by three pilots, each one with one duty: the captain flies the airplane while the copilot monitors the instruments and pass the needed information to an observer, who would write everything down.

I'm going to try it again with FS2Crew and have it handle the flaps, gear, and working the MCP. This should let me keep my hands on yoke and throttle most of the time. But, I still gotta monitor and record the performance by myself though!

I'll probably fly her from the plant to ORD as a delivery flight, that's where she will be based doing mostly 4-5 hour legs with the occasional pond hop to Paris, Munich, Rome, and Helsinki. The flight from Paine to ORD will be like any other minus revenue loads. 

That's a good idea! My company will receive a new 777-300ER in April. Guess I'll try to get the acceptance document for that aircraft and take the PMDG 777 through the same paces or as much as possible as a solo pilot. <br />I know the customer flight of my airline typically includes a touch & go and full stop landing at Mozes Lake. <br />Ferry flight PAE-AMS will be something for a free weekend :-)<br /><br /><br />Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Regards,

Frank van der Werff

Banner_FS2Crew_Line_Pilot.jpg

>I know the customer flight of my airline typically includes a touch & go and full stop landing at Mozes Lake.

NE did it as well with the NG. I recall that they tested inflight shutdown and restart, depressurization, autoland, manual reversion... I might find a short overview somewhere but it is just for the NG anyway.

This would be quite the vatsim event. 777 delivery departures. If even 1/8 of the purchased 777's were to depart in an hour period it would be mad. I'd enjoy that.

Paine to KLAX as a shakeout with the 200LR.  Then KLAX to OMDB.  Might as well go big early!

Greg B

I will be flying an acceptance flight around Seattle. Afterwards, it's off to Leipzig/Halle on a delivery flight. I'll conclude my first week of flying by doing the short stretch to Brussels afterwards.