Sign in to follow this  
stefltt

Engine Failure

Hi,

I tried the engine failure procedure twice, and it seems that FS2Crew is staying into APPROACH mode.

I followed all the procedure, flown the aircraft on one engine, stabilised the aircraft at 3000ft, called for the ENGINE FAILURE or SHUTDOWN Checklist. Then I called for AFTER TAKE OFF Checklist.

I prepared the FMC for a return to the departure airport. I Called the "Are you ready for the approach brief ? Any questions ?", I requested the descent checklist. Then FS2Crew stayed in APPROACH mode, despite the fact I say "Approach checklist please". I needed to manually advance to LANDING Mode to request the landing checklist.

For the test airport the TA is 12000ft and the TL is also FL120. During the engine failure I always stayed below the TA/TL. I think it could be related ?

vpa055.png

Hi Stefan,

For the FS2Crew to advance from Approach Mode to Landing Mode, you need to "respond" when the FO reads the alt setting by saying "Set" or by reading back the altimeter value as shown below.

APPROACH CHECKLIST

Altimeters   ___ Set *

* You can say “SET”, or you can read back the actual altimeter setting.

Example:

CAPT: APPROACH CHECKLIST

FO: ALTIMETERS ONE ZERO TWO FOUR

CAPT: ALTIMETERS ONE ZERO TWO FOUR

FO: APPROACH CHECKLIST COMPLETE

Indeed, I forgot the "SET". Sorry :-)<br /><br /><br />Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE<br />Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

Hi, just to let you know that I tried on a "normal" flight, calling the approach checklist.

With just "altimeter xxxx" without the "set" word, the Fo answers "approach checklst complete" and the mode is changing to Landing.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

Envoyé de mon iPad à l'aide de Tapatalk HD

vpa055.png

Is there anyone here who tried an engine failure at Vr with VNAV armed ?

My problem is during the climb out, the fma shows vnav speed and command v2+20. After passing the engine out altitude set at 800ft in the fmc, vnav is supposed to command a flaps up speed, but it stays at v2+20. Do I forget to do something ?

Otherwise everything works like in the manual, when taking off without any pitch mode armed.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

It seems to be a bug.

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

I don't think it's a good idea to ask PMDG as I could be banned for asking release date LOL !

Stéphane LI-THIAO-TE

vpa055.png

Is there anyone here who tried an engine failure at Vr with VNAV armed ?

My problem is during the climb out, the fma shows vnav speed and command v2+20. After passing the engine out altitude set at 800ft in the fmc, vnav is supposed to command a flaps up speed, but it stays at v2+20. Do I forget to do something ?

Otherwise everything works like in the manual, when taking off without any pitch mode armed.

This seems to work fine for me in NGX.