Sign in to follow this  
sdlangford

UUDD Airport For FS9

Hello,

I am trying to find a suitable scenery for UUDD Domedovo Moscow for FS9.

I found a scenery on the Russian Version of AVsim but the altitude levels are all over the place and the aircraft sink into the runways and aprons.  I think there is a fix for this but as the read me is in Russian im a bit lost.

I therefore looked at payware and came across a website called ifGfly which has a very good UUDD scenery, but it seems you cannot buy anymore.

Anybody know a fix for the freeware or where i can purchase the payware scenery.

Regards

Simon

Anybody know a fix for the freeware or where i can purchase the payware scenery.

Airport Design Editor or ADE is capable of fixing / adjusting the airport altitude problems. If you have it and are familiar with it it will not take long. If you do not have ADE I would highly recommend it.

available here:

http://www.fsdeveloper.com/forum/downloads.php?do=file&id=99

or:

http://www.scruffyduckscenery.co.uk/

If you are a new user be sure to download and read the PDF manuals.

Best regards,

Mel

Hi Simon,

would you please give us the link to the freeware scenery. I do speak and read a little bit Russian, I will look at it in the next days and perhaps I can help.

By the way, I use a quite good, but a little outdated freeware scenery of UUDD without any problems (see picture) but it seems to be no more available at avsim.su. Does your scenery look like this (note the construction site in the background of the second picture)?

Harald Geyer
   Gründer der Messerschmitt Freunde Dresden v. V.

lYI9iQV.jpg

Update: It seems that my scenery was still for FS2002, when I changed to FS2004 there wasn't any better I guess, but today it's certainly no option for you.

I looked for the (only) FS2004 scenery now and I read that even the Russian simmers complain about planes sinking into the ground after following the readme. Readme says that you have to delete five of the stock scenery files for eastern europe, but I do not clearly understand which files exactly, and there may be some interference with the other Moscovian airports, for which you can have modern and better looking freeware sceneries which you certainly don't want to disturb.

So installing just a better AFCAD file now and waiting for a better UUDD Scenery seems to be the best option at this time.

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Thankyou for your help regarding the current UUDD scenery from AVsim Russia.

I have deleted the 5 files that i think i need to, but still sinking planes.

I would really like the IGFly scenery.

Anybody out there able to point me in the direction of a site to purchase this ?

Regards

Simon

Hi,

availability of IGFly scenery is widely discussed especially at German FS forums. It seems that the scenery got freeware a while after sales where down at avsim.su until ca. 2011. But now, searching for it yesterday, I find it neither there nor elsewhere excepting on some suspect torrent servers. I don't know if this is illegal after the scenery was already free available at avsim.su and after sales at IGFly are down for several years now; speaking for myself I don't use torrent servers at all on principle. 

(I would like to have the scenery, too.) :(

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Mel,

Thanks for ADE, good programme and seems easy to use.

Just tried to change the altitude (following instructions) but when i compile i get error messages and no bgl is created.

This is what i get;

ScruffyDuck Scenery Design Engine Compiling
Using FS9 BglComp....

INTERNAL COMPILER ERROR C1003: Failed to create MSXML object! (0x80040154)

Parsing document: C:\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\UUDD Moscow Domodedova\scenery\UUDD_ADE9_SL.xml

ERROR C2470: Unrecoverable error parsing XML!
ERROR C2006: Parse failed  (0x80004005)
ERROR C2003: Failed to process file: C:\Flight Simulator 9\Scenery\UUDD Moscow Domodedova\scenery\UUDD_ADE9_SL.xml

Any ideas why.

Thanks

Simon

Hi,

I googled with "UUDD fs2004" and I got a link to this file "34414-uudd.zip" on the russian site. Maybe the file you were looking for?

Hugo

Hi Hugo,

that's exactly the scenery Simon refers to in his first post.

Regards,

Harald

Harald Geyer

lYI9iQV.jpg

Simon,

I had the same issue regarding the altitude problem with the UUDD scenery. I tried several fixes but could not fix it either. I did locate another file for the scenery that fixes the problem. It is the same scenery as the 34414 file but with a different filename.  It appears some of the files have been modified to fix the problem.  It can be found here: http://ivaoru.org/en/scenery/uudd-492.html  , file is UUDD_FS2004.zip

Their are still some "OTHER" problems with the scenery, the taxiway lines drawn on the taxiways do not follow the AFCAD and the approaches are not contained within the AFCAD file.  I have modified the AF2_UUDD.bgl file to correct these problems but its still a work in progress. If you would like the modified AF2_UUDD file just let me know.

Sheldon

Sheldon "Bill" Williams

I have installed the new UUDD scenery as recommended and im still sunk into the tarmac !

I have deleted the 5 files inscenery/eure so its not that thats the issue.

Any ideas ?

Regards

Simon

Thats ODD, sorry to hear that. I'll PM you and send you my AFCAD file and try that.

Sheldon "Bill" Williams