Sign in to follow this  
FSXChris

PMDG 737NGX crash to desktop when choosing "end flight", even on a fresh and clean Windows installation - Some interesting facts I found...

I didn't read through this whole thread, but I had a very similar issue to that described in the first post, and here's what solved it....

"It seems that after a update to windows Vista and 7, FSX has a tendency to Crash to the desktop and restart. Following the event viewer, and with help from various sources (specifically the FSpassengers forum) I (or we) found the cause. The before mention update modified the UiautomationCore.dll, and caused FSX to crash at random times when accessing the in game menu (ether by pressing ALT or right clicking). This includes the original DLL file before the update. In stall is easy, instructions are included.
Be aware that this will only fix the CTD error that’s caused by this problem. Any other CTD error caused by another source will not be fixed."

I don't remember where I got this file but the guy gave permission to share it, so I'll throw it on my personal server. If you want to download this fix, and give it a shot, go for it. It's risk free, so even if it doesn't fix the issue, it ain't going to hurt anything.

accountingeek.com/payfiles/FSX_fix.zip

As far as I can see from every single hardware and Windows Tech site I have read:

There is absolutely no point to using the bcdedit/set increaseuserva 3072 or whatever in 64-bit versions of Windows. A 64-bit version of Windows will automatically allocate 4Gb of Virtual Address Space (VAS) to a 32-bit application that has been set as LARGEADDRESSAWARE, as is the fact with FSX SP2 or Acceleration, regardless of the amount of RAM installed. Remember that physical memory and VAS are not directly related...

This Windows system tweak only has any effect on a 32-bit version of Windows...

A

Hello Ryan,

no I really do not have any joystick or controller connected to the computer. So there does not exist any preset. It was my intention to setup a system as clean as possible in order to be able to pinpoint the source of this strange behavior  So, currently my computer is not usable for other things, because only the things mentioned in the first post are installed currently. Until now there are also no plugins like FSUIPC installed. But I will check this and report back. I own a registered license of FSUIPC and will install it right after posting this answer.

The main reason why I'm writing is that I have noticed another interesting thing (new testcase):

Test Case 3:
I fired up FSX (Standard Flight is loaded), and looked which PMDG DLLs are loaded in this situation - only the PMDG_HUD_interface.dll showed up. Then I clicked "Fly Now", which brings me to the Standard flight (Trike aircraft in the air at Friday Harbor). Then I changed the aircraft during the flight. I picked the PMDG 737-800, let it initialize (without any keyboard input during that time) and continued afterwards for some seconds. Then I hit "End Flight". And.... ohoooo, no crash. This time I managed to get back right to the FSX Start menu - but this time, again the Trike aircraft was loaded and showed up on the start screen instead of the PMDG 737, because I switched to the PMDG during the flight and not before hitting "Fly Now". And as FSX restores the conditions before you hit "Fly Now", the Trike Aircraft was loaded again after hitting "End Flight", and FSX did not crash.
Now, as I was back in the FSX start menu (free flight menu), I looked again which DLLs were loaded. Again, beside of the aforementioned PMDG_HUD_interface.dll all PMDG Dlls were unloaded with the exception of the PMDG_737NGX.dll. Now I wanted to start my next flight. But this time I tried to select a different aircraft than the Trike. So I went into the aircraft menu and selected the PMDG 737-800 airplane. But as I expected it, doing so, FSX crashed again because of the PMDG_737NGX.DLL, which was still loaded because of my last flight.

So, I think this Test supports my thesis that it has something to do with FSX not unloading the PMDG_737NGX.DLL after usage / when switching the airplane.

Best regards,
Christian

PS: Will try FSUIPC now. 

Hi,

I have been fighting against the same problem for 2 days. I re-installed FSX and PMDG several times, and didn´t installed anything else to reduce posible sources for the error (no joystick and no controller conected), and that was the mistake.

I read somewhere something about the Flight Controllers, so I decided to install the drivers for mines (Saitek), and this SOLVED THE PROBLEM!!!!.

Hope it helps somebody else.

Regards

Hi to everybody:

Excuse me if I mustn´t write here but I´m new and I don´t know how use this page still.

I would like that you can help me with a PMDG 737NGX problem. I have bought it the past week and the fmc page of Aircraft has 11 pages 1/11 and I was comparing it with a friend who was this same pmdg and he has 12 pages in the Aircraft section. Another thing is that I change the aircraft to cold and dark and I would like to open again the FSX with a cold and dark cockpit and the engines are running. I have another trouble I believe that the fmc setting change in the moment that you do it, for example in the fms we go to pmdg setup- Aircraft-Equipment in the Airframe position of the FMS is Flight test package with NO. I change it to YES. Close the FSX and open it again and the aircraft is in the same configuration that is always, I wanna say the flight test package continue with NO. I have windows 7 64bit, and my flight simulator X isn´t original, I have a patch. May be that when the flight simulator isn´t original the PMDG generates this troubles. I will buy the flight simulator original due to this problem, but can you help me what is a happening? I am a new user with this aircraft.

Thank you

And greetings for everybody here.

Hernando