Sign in to follow this  
Crash_Hawk

DC-3 guages

Hello all,

I purchased the MAAM-SIM R4D FSX download and after installation, and a restart of my computer I have no guages except the Sperry.  I know that this has been a problem before and I have checked my registry and deleted the parts of the fsx.cfg file but it still persists.. I have the Briefing Time as well and I have no issues with it working.  Any clues and or a way to fix it?

Thanks

Jonathan

Edit: I am running FSX/Acceleration if that helps.

Edited by Crash_Hawk

Messing with the fsx.cfg file or the registry is very unlikely to produce your missing gauges. I hope you made backups of both!  If not you might need to reinstall FSX and your MAAM download. 

It is important that you follow in the installation instructions exactly.  This plane was built for FS9 and takes a bit of tweaking to get right in FSX. 

There are lots of 'free enhancements' on the MAAM site.  

http://www.maam.org/flightsim/enhance/r4d_enhance.htm

John

Supporter.png

John

The registry tweaks and FSX.cfg tweaks were suggested in the forums here.  I'm wondering if there is anything else that has been researched or what have you.  

Thanks

Jonathan

Interestingly, when I open the panel in FS Panel Studio it opens fine and I can see all the gauges. 

Jonathan

Which FSX MAAM RD4/DC3 edition did you download?  The latest is the 10th edition and has some enhancements which improve the FS9 port over installation. 

Assuming that your fsx.cfg and registry entries are 'back to normal', please check that your MAAM aircraft are installed in your /..../Simobjects/Airplanes folder.  If I remember correctly, some of the MAAM installers used the old FS2004 .../Program Files/Microsoft Games/... pathway. The aircraft then had to be copied/pasted across to the Simobjects/Airplanes folder.  If your aircraft is in the wrong folder it might explain why the gauges show in FSPanel Studio, but not in the simulation.

Just a thought.

Supporter.png

John

Everything is installed correctly.  The aircraft show in the sim.. I just have no gauges.  I installed the 10th edition, directed it towards my FSX folder and it installed correctly.  

Jonathan

Betelgeuse,

Were you able to fix his problem? I have the same problem only worse. No way to start my aircraft. The panel doesn't appear.

Alan