Sign in to follow this  
Nathan3219

FlyTampa St. Maarten?

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the FlyTampa St. Maarten pack. Who has it and what is your likes/dislikes? How are the frame rates?

I purchased it a few weeks ago, first initial impressions are; its a very nice scenery add-on, not only do you get St.Maarten, but you also get St.Barths and surrounding scenery.

Quality of the airport and surrounding area's is very good. Some glitches do appear like black boxes in the water where dolphins may be swimming etc. Frame rates are very good, for example in the PMDG NGX I get between 15-25 fps.

All in all you wont be disappointed by it. Go for it if you really want it.

Hi Nathan,

I have the FlyTampa St Maarten scenery and I haven't had any trouble at all, in fact after buying their Kai Tak scenery and actually getting an improvement in fsx performance, considering the complexity of the scenery I was encouraged to buy St Maarten and Dubai all of which run fine.

Sorry I can't be more help but I bought, downloaded, installed and just ran it, all of which was fine!

Yep just go for it. 

Happy Flying,

Dave Phillips.

Agree w/ the Ciarán & Dave...

Maybe a few fps hit? (don't see any now iirc with a recently built system)   But I don't ever remember any of those black boxes at the moment.  I've had for several years now.

The other airport is Saba which can be a fun challenge with larger and/or faster aircraft.

Yes... very nice scenery and no disappointments with it.  Glad I have it.

Every time I think about going into St. Barts... I get very tempted to buy the BN2 Islander.

I just got St Maarten Complete recently. No problems with frame rates at all and it's really beautifully made. FT didn't have the heart to tear down the old terminal building even though it's gone at the real airport. That's OK with me as I really like seeing the old building. I've only tried TNCM so far so can't comment on the other airports in the package.

The download version I got was version 1.1, but they have a 1.2 update on their downloads page which renumbers the runways and has other improvements. After updating to 1.2 I noticed I could not complete the Caribbean Landing mission any more (even though I land and taxi off the runway as instructed).

For many people the PAPI lights are too dim to see until on very short final. In their forums they have a BGL file you can download to brighten the runway lights. I got it and it fixed the problem for me.

Barry Friedman

Every time I think about going into St. Barts... I get very tempted to buy the BN2 Islander.

Perfect combination :rolleyes:

Bert

Perfect combination

:rofl:  ... Yes!

iirc... I think it was on that History Channel "Extreme Airports" list and I think I remember a guy (flying an Islander?) saying how you need a specific checkout for that airport to fly in there.

"Definitely remember the youtube of a twin sliding off Runway 9... yes... definitely remember that..."

-Rob

The Twin Otter would be another good plane for St Barths. Aerosoft has a new one in the works.

Barry Friedman

I was there last year for real and felt like I had already been b4 because of the scenery. It is top notch...

My only beef is that it still has the old terminal standing when in fact it is gone in real life. A minor detsil really.

The Twin Otter would be another good plane for St Barths. Aerosoft has a new one in the works.

Yeah, I'd love to use the new Twin Otter at St. Barths and Saba... can't wait until it comes out ^_^

Just got done having the copilot shut down my NGX for me at St. Maarten. FPS was surprisingly good, level of details is awesome, love this addon!

I'm getting ready to pull the trigger on the FlyTampa St. Maarten pack. Who has it and what is your likes/dislikes? How are the frame rates?

Awesome scenery. Great animations, and they've added volumetric grass and such. It's by far (like light year far) the best St Maarten scenery package for MSFS. Even though it's a couple of years old, the scenery itself is not only a perfect representation (with the exception of the old terminal) of the airport, the design style is still completely up to date and in terms of FPS/performance, one of the best, especially with the new addons coming out. I would highly recommend it.