Sign in to follow this  
CPTAB

P.M.D.G Box copy will not load

I purchassed the P.M.D.G 737NGX four weeks ago and have not been able to load it on to my computer. I also have the 747and the 757 on my computer also they loaded with on problem. When I load the setup it goes right throught the complete program right up to the directx loading than it completes without asking for the registration key, I restart the computer go to flight simutator start with a differance aircraft at the gate than load the 737ngx and its there, I set it up for flight with no problem but just after take of fparts of the aircraft  start to become transparent than I lose a wing or the tail. I dump the program using the same disk to uninstall run the setup again same thing it install's fully with out asking for the reg-key I reboot the computer go to flightsim there it is again until I try to fly it, How does the aircraft load without the reg-key

Have you applied the crucial stability tweak HIGHMEMFIX=1 under [GRAPHICS] in FSX.cfg? I believe one of the PMDG B737 manuals contains information about it.

I set it up for flight with no problem but just after take of fparts of the aircraft  start to become transparent than I lose a wing or the tail.

all good in the cockpit then, you take off, go to outside view, and the problem arises.

Sounds like the 4096 textures are too much for your rig as they were for mine.

You can download a paint from google that is 1024, run a search and try with that paint - it cured it for me ( i can link it if you cant find it as there is only 1 (!) - now i have to resize all my repaints if i want to use them...pain in the &@($*!

Dont know why it isnt asking for your reg key.. but you own a key..and it works without it..if it aint askin' ya cant do much about it :/

I purchassed the P.M.D.G 737NGX four weeks ago and have not been able to load it on to my computer. I also have the 747and the 757 on my computer also they loaded with on problem.

Hi ?

PMDG have the 747, but not a 757.... Anyway, Can you post some details of your computer system, win 7 or 8? or? 64/32 bit? Amount of Memory, Video card, then we can get a better idea of what will help the most. As Owen said above, the 'HIGHMEMFIX=1 under [GRAPHICS] in FSX.cfg' could be the most use for you if the a/c is becoming a skeleton.

Regards  

Geoff Bryce

all good in the cockpit then, you take off, go to outside view, and the problem arises.

Sounds like the 4096 textures are too much for your rig as they were for mine.

You can download a paint from google that is 1024, run a search and try with that paint - it cured it for me ( i can link it if you cant find it as there is only 1 (!) - now i have to resize all my repaints if i want to use them...pain in the &@($*!

Dont know why it isnt asking for your reg key.. but you own a key..and it works without it..if it aint askin' ya cant do much about it :/

Thank's much Spook for the info, at this point I will try anything, Please link me to google 1024 I let you know if it works for me, Thank's Again

Hi ?

PMDG have the 747, but not a 757.... Anyway, Can you post some details of your computer system, win 7 or 8? or? 64/32 bit? Amount of Memory, Video card, then we can get a better idea of what will help the most. As Owen said above, the 'HIGHMEMFIX=1 under [GRAPHICS] in FSX.cfg' could be the most use for you if the a/c is becoming a skeleton.

Regards  

Have you applied the crucial stability tweak HIGHMEMFIX=1 under [GRAPHICS] in FSX.cfg? I believe one of the PMDG B737 manuals contains information about it.

Thanks for the info, is there a site to download HIGHTMEMFIX=1 is it a exe file

HIGHMEMFIX=1 goes in your fsx.cfg - its not a EXE, you simply open the fsx.cfg in notepad and type it in and save it.

You can see where to find it and what it looks like :

The HIGHMEMFIX  didnt do nothing for my system though, only lower res repaints.

Here's  the link, : http://www.vmbollig.de/fs/lha/repaints/LHA_B737_PMX_DANDE_STD_LR.ptp

go to flight simutator start with a differance aircraft at the gate than load the 737ngx

Please read 0.00.22 of the NGX Introduction pdf.

Michael Cubiner

Please read 0.00.22 of the NGX Introduction pdf.

Michael Cubi

Thanks for the info Guy I touch base with PMDG tech dept, Problem is I need to load highmemfix=1 the the Graphics in in the cfg file, as far as not needing to load the reg/key again they said once its loaded you do not have to load it again

Hi ?

Regards  

You were right, I touched base with PMDG tech dept they said the same thing add HIGHMEMFIX=1 to the GRAPHICS in the cgf folder, they did not give much detail other than that, I'm really new to this an I'm not sure as to where the graphics file or folder is located and where to place highmemfix=1, right under the word Graphics, or to the left of  the word Graphics, It would be very helpful If you can walk me throught it Thanks Much

Im sorry but i have given you a pic to go by...how can you go wrong?...all the info is there..

This would be make a whole lot easyier if we knew a little about your system / and what windows your running. Im going to assum you have Win7.

From my post above with picture, you can see where to find your FSX CFG file.

Click start, then your name (top right) or your user account name.
A window opens with files.
Find the AppData file and double click.

Find the Roaming file and double click.
Find the Microsoft file and double click.

The next depends on how or where you installed FSX...if you have standard install..

Then find the Microsoft Games folder and double click.

Double click the FSX folder.

Look for fsx.cfg file

Left click once to highlight the file, then right click > select *open with* and select Notepad.

Notepad opens and you see the text.

In notepad, click EDIT, then FIND

Type ''GRA'' (no speach marks)

You are now here :

You then simply type in the HIGHMEMFIX=1, as so :

To give your self room to type it in, you need to put the mouse at the end the brackek at the end of

[GRAPHICS] | << like that, and press enter.

When you done this, hit the red 'X', top right, and when it ask's you to save click save.