Sign in to follow this  
Blue_Ice

atc can't hear me after 6.16 update

Since installing the update vox is not recognizing my voice. i've run through the voice training again with no problem,  i've checked the voice recongnition settings are set to English - US.

I can hear vox and the AI aircraft aswell the the click when i key the mic.

Any suggestion would be appreciated

I've noticed that it takes a few seconds to react (before was faster), but does recognize my voice, and ends responding

Try setting "Above Normal" in "Advanced Settings", "Process priority". I've left it, and seems to react more quickly

Regards.

Have the same problem now. After update to 6.16 no longer get response from ATC. The only response is if I do not complete a phrase then will get the "last aircraft say again" otherwise nothing. Tried setting to above normal and high, no success.

Ok, found that FSX wasn't loading my flight plan. Had to do a reinstall. Problem fixed.

Something about this version is fubared. I'm having the same problem of Vox having a hard time hearing me and having to constantly repeat myself.

NAX669.png

I haven't upgaded yet.

The previous version is my first installtion of VoxATC

I would sometimes wonder if my mike was being heeard,

or bad speech, etc., when I first installed it.

Win7 Speech Recognition- I sometimes noticed it would be off,

not really sure if it was because I was jumping back and forth to Speech,Microphone setup,etc.

I forget now if I had it set to ON, but now I have it in Sleeping Mode,

This seems to keep up with my jumping between outside dialogs,etc

I can't remember now if that was suggested in the manual or not,

but perhaps if you try that it might help?

ben

this install also fixes the purple arrow routes so they are actually on the taxi way for the most part

ZORAN

Hmmmm, i'm getting this issue too. Tried all the usual options but ATC just ignores me. I can hear other traffic communicating with ATC and i also get 'last aircraft say again' if i only say part of the message. Wording also goes blue after i speak which usually suggest's its been transmitted but a deafly silence from the tower after.

Something wrong here. I hope the Dev is aware of this.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Hi, i hade the same problem with the demo version,

version 6.05  worked fine though, i dowloaded this a wile ago but never used it.

Before i buy i would like to know if this issue has been resolved or if there was any response from the developper ?

I

Hi, i hade the same problem with the demo version,

version 6.05  worked fine though, i dowloaded this a wile ago but never used it.

Before i buy i would like to know if this issue has been resolved or if there was any response from the developper ?

I

I've not heard anything about a fix. Needs it though. I'm not using VoxATC at the moment. Dev doesn't respond here. Maybe an email to him might get it fixed.

Might be worth a reinstall i suppose when i get round to it. I never had this problem with previous version. All that fails i will have to revert back to 6.05 if i still have it.

Kind Regards

Simon.

not everyone has the same problem however I had a fatal error message which was sorted when the DEv sent me an email with an error capture tool  but took around 3 days so I would suggest you guys go to the contact us section of the website.

The new version is worth the effort. Another change is that ATC now call you as you approach to cross a runway and give instructions 

I dont know why the Dev is not active in a forum, pretty bad biz practice as he has a good product but its losing a lot of $$$ in lost sales due to lack of support.

ZORAN

This is the answer I got from the voxatc team

" Hello

This a problem with 6.16 which will be fixed in the next relaese which is in the final stages of beta testing.

For the moment there are work arounds

First are you flying a helicopter? If so, leave out the 'helicopter' part of the callsign. So that 'helicopter robinson one one five one delta' becomes 'robinson one one five one delta'.

If you are starting a flight without a flight plan so that you can fly locally or in the circuit, create a flight plan with the same departure and destination airport and save a flight with that flight plan loaded.

Regards

Tegwyn West

"

This is the answer I got from the voxatc team

" Hello

This a problem with 6.16 which will be fixed in the next relaese which is in the final stages of beta testing.

For the moment there are work arounds

First are you flying a helicopter? If so, leave out the 'helicopter' part of the callsign. So that 'helicopter robinson one one five one delta' becomes 'robinson one one five one delta'.

If you are starting a flight without a flight plan so that you can fly locally or in the circuit, create a flight plan with the same departure and destination airport and save a flight with that flight plan loaded.

Regards

Tegwyn West

"

I don't fly the choppers but the local circuit issue is where i have had problems with this fault. Thanks for the info. Good to know its being looked at.

I do think it would be a good idea if Tegwyn would respond to us on this Forum. It would be more reassuring.

VoxATC is a good product but update & dev news would be welcome at times pinned in this section.

Kind Regards

Simon.

Hi

I experienced something similar when I started as I was using the center button on a CH yoke. I still use this button BUT press it again when I have finished the message, as if to send it.

It works for me as they say.

I used to sit and wait for a response for ages and it was very frustating.

Regards

David

David, hello

I read your topic dated May 17, 2013. It is now December 13, 2014. Kind of a delayed action but you are the only one that I have seen that has the same problem I have. VOXATC was working pretty good till a while ago. I think it was after I updated to 6.46 and not 6.49. I experience many of the problems others have but one in particular. I use a button on my yoke that triggers the keyboard and the SHIFT key through a keyboard emulator. It worked fine for years now with VOXATC. Recently, I would say in the last 6 to 8 months, I am faced with a problem that I think you have mentioned in your posting. I respond to ATC and release the PTT button. there is no change in the color of what I am supposed to say within the VOXATC applet box. It seems like they do not receive my response until I press and release the PTT button again, then the written words change color and they respond to me. So I have to push the button to speak and push it again to transmit before ATC responds. It never worked that way before and sometime even now it works the right way using only one PTT action but then goes back to 2 pushes of the button. I think it only started after the 6.46 update but I,m not sure. before that update came out, it seemed that VOXATC worked just fine. I have experience freezes, repeated directions etc like everyone has. I changed my keyboard. different key usage just about everything. I'm going to try a few more options, like uninstalling and reinstalling but then I just may go back to installing 6.2  and staying there. It worked flaw2lessly then. I hope you get to read this reply since its been a long time between but I'm at a loss. If you have come up with a fix or have found what caused it, please let me know what it is. I run a lot of other programs along with VOXATC but never ran into any conflicts or problems with it. I have traced back over everything. Cant find anything that would cause this.  You can contact me also at   supercoup93@yahoo.com  I hope to hear from you. Hey!!  Funny thing, I was born on September 5, 1947. I just checked your profile. Small world. We are a rare breed!!!!

happy Flying

Joe